General Category > MTB

Things moved on then...

(1/2) > >>

Bobby:
Last time I bought a MTB it was easy, you basically chose between: DH, the emerging longer travel ‘enduro’ full sus bikes, short travel full sus, hard tail ...

Now I’ve got different wheels, 2x or 1x gears, a smorgasbord of travel length options, and lots of ‘modern’ or even ‘contemporary’ geometry that will revolutionise my life.  I’ve not got as far as dropper posts and how wide the tyres are now!

This is my thought process so far:
- I’m coming from an XC hardtail, so I know that I value light weigh and responsiveness.
- I don’t however want the racing geometry, am looking for some comfort.  Would also be nice to not get beaten up on the hard, dry trails, so front & rear squish is needed
- I will do single track, with some trail centre riding (red/black)

So something with:
- 120-140mm front and rear.
- 1x12 will be ok
- 29” wheels (eek)

So far the canyon Neuron has caught my eye.

Any thoughts?

rogerzilla:
Modern bars are massively wide and, as they're all riser bars, you can't cut them down as much.  Unless you actually ride DH, beware - my local trail through the woods is impossible with wide riser bars, since they won't fit between the trees!

Bobby:
Got a new one, and wow it does indeed have massive bars (780mm wide  ::-) )

Ben T:
can you even reach the ends?  ;D

bobb:

--- Quote from: Bobby on 25 June, 2019, 03:59:14 pm ---Got a new one, and wow it does indeed have massive bars (780mm wide  ::-) )

--- End quote ---

What did you get in the end? The Canyon Neuron certainly looks good if that's what you went for.

My current MTB is falling to pieces, so a new one is in order. I just can't make up my mind what I want - full sus or rowdy hardtail. My indecision isn't too much of a problem at the moment as pretty much everything is out of stock!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version