General Category > Freewheeling

'Out of Stock' UK

<< < (3/14) > >>

Duckfoot1606:
Huge problems with availability of shipping containers between Europe and Asia and those that are available are anywhere between 4&5 times the 2019 price. Locally, a journey by truck between the UK and Europe that used to take 2days is now taking 7ish, which is fuelling a knock on availability effect  too.

A

grams:

--- Quote from: Davef on 14 February, 2021, 07:27:59 am ---It is nothing to do with tariffs. The U.K. distribution for shimano is and always has been in Milton Keynes.

--- End quote ---

It previously went to Milton Keynes (EU). It now goes to Milton Keynes (UK). Those are completely different places.

FifeingEejit:

--- Quote from: grams on 14 February, 2021, 11:49:42 am ---
--- Quote from: Davef on 14 February, 2021, 07:27:59 am ---It is nothing to do with tariffs. The U.K. distribution for shimano is and always has been in Milton Keynes.

--- End quote ---

It previously went to Milton Keynes (EU). It now goes to Milton Keynes (UK). Those are completely different places.

--- End quote ---

There's also the question of whether that's Japan -> Milton -> UK Distribution
Or  Keynes or Japan -> EU -> Milton Keynes -> UK Distribution

Cudzoziemiec:
Anecdote on the lack of containers: Yesterday I was walking along the River Avon between Bristol and Bath. At one point the railway runs parallel on the other side of the river and I saw a freight train which at first I thought was just two engines. But it didn't sound right, so I looked again and saw a container. One single container, in the middle of a train of empty waggons. It was heading east – inland – so clearly whatever wasn't on the other waggons was meant to have been imports.

Davef:

--- Quote from: FifeingEejit on 14 February, 2021, 06:59:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: grams on 14 February, 2021, 11:49:42 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

There's also the question of whether that's Japan -> Milton -> UK Distribution
Or  Keynes or Japan -> EU -> Milton Keynes -> UK Distribution

--- End quote ---
As the sole U.K. distributor is possibly the biggest in the world, shipping stuff to one of the smaller eu based distributors first seems unlikely before or after brexit. The shimano shortage seems less bad currently in the U.K. than the rest of the world, particularly the U.S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version