General Category > Freewheeling

'Out of Stock' UK

<< < (5/14) > >>

FifeingEejit:
So you are 100% sure Madison receive stock directly from Shimano in Japan in a container all of their own and not from a warehouse run by Shimano which is then distributed to the distributors and not transported in the same sealed containers as that which goes to other European Distributors?

Hot Flatus:
I doubt it. AFAIK an awful lot of bike kit comes through  the Netherlands. I'd put money on Shimano basing it's euro operations there too.

Davef:

--- Quote from: FifeingEejit on 16 February, 2021, 05:28:43 pm ---So you are 100% sure Madison receive stock directly from Shimano in Japan in a container all of their own and not from a warehouse run by Shimano which is then distributed to the distributors and not transported in the same sealed containers as that which goes to other European Distributors?

--- End quote ---
I think it comes mainly from the factories in Singapore and Malaysia. As they are supplying the entire U.K. retail and bike manufactures, it will be multiple containers (if there was stock available). The whole definition of a distributor is direct supply from the factory. So for example Brompton or Dolan want 200 shimano 105 cranksets or wiggle want 5000 chains that all comes from the stock held by the U.K. distributor. Similarly setup for the large distributor in Germany. The warehousing and goods handling shimano have in Europe is relatively small and it is for where they do distribution themselves for example their benelux hub. It is way smaller than then U.K. or German distributor.

salar55:
Cannondale is in Holland and i bet everything else is unless you want a custom bike (frame) . Are any UK distributors going to import direct, a little market compared to Europe and will the manufacturers want to deal with small volumes. Prices will go up.

andyoxon:
'Shortage induced' component theft?   https://road.cc/content/news/parts-shortage-sees-thieves-target-rear-mechs-cassettes-281675

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version