Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 591137 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1150 on: 15 April, 2011, 07:58:29 pm »
I want to build my own box kite one day, just for a laugh.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #1151 on: 15 April, 2011, 08:00:29 pm »
Are kites acrobatic or aerobatic?
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1152 on: 15 April, 2011, 08:27:31 pm »
I have lots of kite plans if you like, woolly...
Getting there...

« Reply #1153 on: 15 April, 2011, 10:36:26 pm »
I always seem to manage to miss the Kite festival, which I think has been going on since before I left Streatham, and that was three years ago.

I occasionally see kites being flown on Clapham Common, and on a couple of occasions with someone using them with a longboard, although not very successfully, which may have been because it wasn't all that windy at the time.

OK, so that's at least 3 of us.
I'm not sure about my plans for getting home from bognor yet, but if I have a bit of freedom, perhaps we could pack kites? My 8 foot foil doesn't take up much room...

I have 3X 2metre foils with the option of flying them on 150m Kevlar lines - a bit like flying a kite using a steel rods instead of string!!! - No line stretch - None. Just rigid control.
The more I think about it, the more inclined I am to bring my kites to Bognor / Felpham on the FNRttC.
I just need to check the tide tables - high tide early in the morning would put paid to any kiting...

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1154 on: 16 April, 2011, 08:02:09 pm »
I have red kite material.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1155 on: 18 April, 2011, 09:16:37 am »
Are kites acrobatic or aerobatic?

I would say 2 lines kites would be aerobatic, but 4 line kites could be regarded as acrobatic!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1156 on: 18 April, 2011, 10:01:31 am »
What about single line manoeuvrable kites? ;)
Getting there...

fuzzy

« Reply #1157 on: 18 April, 2011, 02:04:47 pm »

I have Red kites up the ying yang- but then living where I do, Red Kites are a given.

fuzzy

« Reply #1158 on: 19 April, 2011, 09:11:48 am »

I too have Red Kite material-

A Red Kite flies into a bar.

The landlord says "Thats gotta hurt".......

Two Red Kites fly into a bar.

One says to the other "What twat put that there?"

Coat? Door?

I'm outta here..........

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1159 on: 19 April, 2011, 04:22:38 pm »

I have Red kites up the ying yang- but then living where I do, Red Kites are a suppository.

ftfy
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #1160 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:18:13 pm »
Forumite spotting! On Charing Cross Road this morning, three cyclists kitted up for a long journey, with panniers fore and aft. Female rider in pink yacf jersey, male rider in blue yacf jersey.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1161 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:22:00 pm »
possibly the ClariFly clan?

Clarion & Butterfly & TGL

« Reply #1162 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:29:50 pm »
... The more I think about it, the more inclined I am to bring my kites to Bognor / Felpham on the FNRttC.
I just need to check the tide tables - high tide early in the morning would put paid to any kiting...

Well the low tide is at 9-26am tomorrow morning, which should be about right, but I'm not sure if we've got a Jurek on the ride tonight, after NSTN and Rob broke him last weekend. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1163 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »
Tourist Tony:  and what a splendid afternoon it was too :)

« Reply #1164 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:49:45 pm »
Tourist Tony:  and what a splendid afternoon it was too :)
:thumbsup: It was indeed. Lovely to see you, TT.

Tourist Tony

• Supermassive mobile flesh-toned black hole
« Reply #1165 on: 22 April, 2011, 10:36:29 pm »
And how remarkably quiet the London traffic was. Apart from the noisy ones, that is.....

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1166 on: 22 April, 2011, 11:30:29 pm »
And how remarkably quiet the London traffic was. Apart from the noisy ones, that is.....
Yeah the boys was out with their toys. I saw at least four "super" cars while eating and all of them had to rev their right outside where we eat.

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #1167 on: 23 April, 2011, 06:23:14 pm »
Seen a great pic of Jellied in a magazine.  He's famous. :thumbsup:

Actually, two pics of him.  In the second, he appears to be extracting a 26" inner tube from a 20" tyre ???

He seems to have won an award for being a top person.  We knew that already, of course, but now he's been recognised on a wider scale. :thumbsup:

Extremely modest, too, it seems.
Bit slow off the mark from me - but thanks for the spotting. There should be another of me extracting a 20" inner from a 26" wheel....probably.
A shitter and a giggler.

« Reply #1168 on: 24 April, 2011, 06:56:21 pm »
Not of this forum, unfortunately, but I'm almost certain I spotted Simon L3 with a group of cyclists coming through Itchenor in the direction of the Witterings today. I was going the other direction, otherwise I would have joined in!

Was anyone from here with him?

« Reply #1169 on: 24 April, 2011, 06:58:14 pm »
Woolly and Peli spotted me at the Albert Memorial this afternoon, I was so chuffed they stopped to say hello.

By chance I'd also met up with AlexWarrior1 from Vancouver, a YouTuber I particularly admire.  I'd seen some recent videos of him Boris biking it like a pro, and realised he was here in Londene.  We got to meet up after a quick few pm's were exchanged, and it was awesome hanging out in the park with him!!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #1170 on: 24 April, 2011, 08:06:44 pm »
Woolly and Peli spotted me at the Albert Memorial this afternoon, I was so chuffed they stopped to say hello.

By chance I'd also met up with AlexWarrior1 from Vancouver, a YouTuber I particularly admire.  I'd seen some recent videos of him Boris biking it like a pro, and realised he was here in Londene.  We got to meet up after a quick few pm's were exchanged, and it was awesome hanging out in the park with him!!
It was so nice (as ever) to see you, Mikey (and meet AlexWarrior1). What a beautiful day, and not too much traffic about. We saw loads of people enjoying the Boris Bikes - fantastic.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1171 on: 24 April, 2011, 08:09:31 pm »
Si_Co.......in my lounge ;D

« Reply #1172 on: 25 April, 2011, 06:03:33 pm »
Forumite spotting! On Charing Cross Road this morning, three cyclists kitted up for a long journey, with panniers fore and aft. Female rider in pink yacf jersey, male rider in blue yacf jersey.

Yes that was us! We were just off to Shropshire for the long weekend. We're on the train on the way back towards Paddington now :thumbsup:.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #1173 on: 25 April, 2011, 09:26:13 pm »
Lmm simon was riding from bognor to wittering after the fnrttc. His group included claud and sussie though I forget who the fourth was.

Tourist Tony

• Supermassive mobile flesh-toned black hole
« Reply #1174 on: 30 April, 2011, 12:29:19 pm »
Passed a group of roadies as they cam out of Outwood a little before noon. Looked like a YACF jersey or two there, but we were going in opposite directions and moving remarkably swiftly.