Author Topic: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)  (Read 1764 times)

librarian

• Quiet please
The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« on: 02 July, 2009, 08:43:51 pm »
Architect who designed this building!  Not for nothing1 does The Theme Park's resident Invigilator automagically change the word "architect" to "wrecker of civilisation".  I shall explain.

The BigCo resides in an "eco-friendly" building.  To be be "eco-friendly", it is not equipped with air-conditioning.  Instead, the work areas surround three big atria, which go all the way to the top of the building.  Up there are sensors, which cause the top-floor windows to open when it thinks the building is getting a tad warm.  The hot air then makes a bid for freedom and cool air comes in at the bottom.

There is one drawback with this system, and it is this:

It doesn't fucking work.

The sun has not yet reached the west side of the building, where I work, and already my shirt is a wet rag.  When the sun does come around to the west side of the building, then in addition to being blinded by it reflecting off the windows of motor-cars outside, the temperature in here will be akin to the new bits of Hawaii before they solidify.

If I ever get my hands on you, you Saab-driving beardy bell-end, I will firstly make you read the entire fox-hunting thread, and then have you deep-fried.  In the meantime, I'm going to spend my lunch break in the computer room.

1 - actually, it's mostly due to bitterness on my part

I will firstly make you read the entire fox-hunting thread,

Aren't you being just a teeny weeny bit harsh?