Author Topic: Rudisha and Bolt  (Read 1486 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Rudisha and Bolt
« on: 09 August, 2012, 09:18:09 pm »
Those who were in the stadium tonight will remember these performances for as long as they live. Wonderful!

(I just wish Rudisha wasn't such a big fan of Bloody Coe.)
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Re: Rudisha and Bolt
« Reply #1 on: 09 August, 2012, 09:23:00 pm »
With you on all that, Wow.  The 800m was staggering and sadly, I suspect that Coe will look like democratic role-model compared with the polticians David is used to back home.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #2 on: 13 August, 2012, 09:34:22 am »
Coe was an extraordinary middle distance runner. Why can he not be a hero to a middle distance runner?
It is simpler than it looks.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #3 on: 13 August, 2012, 09:41:11 am »
Coe was an extraordinary middle distance runner. Why can he not be a hero to a middle distance runner?
Precisely. Olympic gold medallist, and held a world record for about 20 years.

Fucking right he's a sporting hero.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #4 on: 13 August, 2012, 10:05:37 am »
Agreed. Coe must be a massive inspiration to Rudisha

(On an aside, I want to see a 400 metre race between Bolt and Rudisha :) )

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #5 on: 13 August, 2012, 02:25:49 pm »
Wow, you celebrate the achievement of 2 athletes and undercut that with your shot at Coe. Coe was/is an outstanding athlete who stands alongside anyone on the planet for his own achievement, and really understands what those athletes have had to do.
He shares a lot more with them than e.g. you do.
Your objection to Coe is based on his politics - however I think I could win my money back by betting you that both the athletes in question are well to the right of Coe. So actually not worthy of your admiration either.
In fact its clear that whatever one thinks of Coe, he has pulled off the games despite the backdrop of low faith - much as he did in his athletics. The guy is an actual winner.
I don't like him much because he always seems so pleased with himself but if I has as much to be pleased with as him I would be a lot worse.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #6 on: 21 August, 2012, 07:17:06 pm »
My objection to Coe is a lot simpler. He was a wonderful, elegant runner. But I was at college with him, and he was, and is, a knob.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i