Author Topic: Very Prepaid Processing?  (Read 931 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Very Prepaid Processing?
« on: 06 April, 2013, 02:22:56 pm »
I've been kindly sent some out of date films.  A couple of them are 'process paid', but are 'Process before 2001-2'.

Any chance Messrs Fuji would be prepared to honour the arrangement this far on?  Fwiw, the envelope is addressed to Leamington Spa, and I think they may have moved...  :-\  Worth being cheeky?  ;)
Getting there...

contango

• NB have not grown beard since photo was taken
  • The Fat And The Furious
Re: Very Prepaid Processing?
« Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2013, 12:28:18 am »

It's been a while since I used slide films so things may have changed since then. I always thought the prepaid processing was valid without limit but it's recommended that the film is processed before a certain date. If you don't process it by the date you can expect various degradations, just like if you eat food after its best before date it might be fine, it might taste funny, or it might cause you to spend the next 43 hours sitting on the toilet wishing you'd just thrown it away.

After this long I'd expect to get some seriously surreal colours but there's nothing lost by sending it off.
Always carry a small flask of whisky in case of snakebite. And, furthermore, always carry a small snake.