Author Topic: Endless repeats... Yay!  (Read 1131 times)

Endless repeats... Yay!
« on: 18 August, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »
We got in an hour ago, and sat down to lunch (or in my case, some ginger tea and a yoghurt for my poorly throat), and found that BBC1 are repeating the Opening Ceremony.

Hoorah!  Even better second time when you are anticipating the best bits.

It did make me wonder, with how well it all went, both from a Team GB aspect, and the general feel good factor it seemed to generate, perhaps the whole Olympics should just be repeated on a loop every two weeks!  ;D

(Especially with so many of the events coming down to close/exciting finishes - the sort you watch on repeat and think "Oh no, this time they might catch him...")
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
Re: Endless repeats... Yay!
« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2012, 02:16:47 pm »
I've kept both ceremonies for now - doubt somehow that I'll watch them again though.

Although the ceremonies were possibly somewhat arcane for most viewers, I think that the 'resetting' of the cost/performance was A Good Thing and of benefit to future Olympiads. Bejing was superb of course, but that sort of production is possible only with a semi-military society - GB ain't! (A video of female Chinese soldiers marching showed that they make our Guards look like school-out time).
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.