Author Topic: Camping & Caravanning Club Siteseeker app - for IOS and Android  (Read 2050 times)

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/newsandevents/club-app/

I've just downloaded this to my phone and it pulls up all the sites in my vicinity.   This will be useful when touring, _if_ you can get a signal.

Quite a few comments on the iTunes store about it crashing though  :-\

I hope it's more up to date than the GPS POI files they put out.  I've turned up at sites that have been long closed, and camped at established sites that were not listed.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Camping & Caravanning Club Siteseeker app - for IOS and Android
« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2013, 01:24:06 pm »
That's a good idea.  I've been saying for a while they should have had that.  I'm glad it includes certificated sites, as i prefer them to the dull Club Sites.
Getting there...

« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2013, 01:30:29 pm »
I'd have liked the site guide as a .PDF though, so I could load it onto my Kindle as well.  A backup for poorly covered rural areas, and a bigger screen for my aging eyesight !

EDIT: Checking their website it is supposed to work without a signal as well.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #3 on: 15 April, 2013, 07:12:15 pm »
I recently downloaded the Alan Rogers campsite app. Not had a proper play with it yet, but it looks ok. I reckon if I get a few more, I should have it covered. These apps are notorious for incorrect/out of date info...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #4 on: 14 May, 2013, 07:32:18 pm »
Downloaded the Camping Club APT onto my mini i-pad , works great and as previously said shows all sites in the vicinity , really good idea for cycle campers, only drawback is the clubs website which i find not great and very slow  when actually booking .

« Reply #5 on: 15 May, 2013, 08:41:03 am »
Problem is you only get limited sites unless you are a member. 
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.