Author Topic: Congratulations Geraint  (Read 1680 times)

Congratulations Geraint
« on: 27 March, 2015, 05:02:44 pm »
Congratulations to Geraint Thomas on his victory in E3 Harelbeke this afternoon. Richard and Jackie even got his nationality right in the end (after calling him english when he got the break rolling)  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sympathy to Spartacus who is out of the Spring Classics after breaking something in a crash. GWS Fabien.

Re: Congratulations Geraint
« Reply #1 on: 27 March, 2015, 06:47:11 pm »
+1
A very well judged ride and a superb victory.   Pity about Sagan he's having a very poor start to his season.    But with Boonen and Cancellara out of Flanders and Roubaix, with Thomas's current form he must be among the favourites for both these monuments.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #2 on: 27 March, 2015, 07:57:43 pm »
Good day for Sky all around.  Ben Swift took today's stage on the Coppi e Bartoli and is now top on GC and Richie Porte is leading GC on Volta a Catalunya, but yeah very nice, very pleasing to see Thomas win.

Details here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #3 on: 27 March, 2015, 09:39:20 pm »
With Spartacus and Boonen now both out with injuries and with Thomas and Stannard on fine form, the rest of classics season is shaping up to be a Sky/Quickstep affair.

« Reply #4 on: 27 March, 2015, 09:41:26 pm »
Gwych!  Excellent!

« Reply #5 on: 27 March, 2015, 09:43:27 pm »
With Spartacus and Boonen now both out with injuries and with Thomas and Stannard on fine form, the rest of classics season is shaping up to be a Sky/Quickstep affair.

Hm, there's a certain gentleman from a continental team who showed great form this week. Don't rule him out for some of the other spring classics.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #6 on: 27 March, 2015, 09:50:33 pm »
I inserted "the rest of" into my post precisely because it meant I didn't have to write "notwithstanding Degenkolb's win in MSR last weekend"  8)

« Reply #7 on: 27 March, 2015, 09:55:18 pm »
I inserted "the rest of" into my post precisely because it meant I didn't have to write "notwithstanding Degenkolb's win in MSR last weekend"  8)

Degenkolb was not the one I was thinking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMaHep0vjSI

Wallays it is

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #8 on: 27 March, 2015, 10:07:23 pm »
I can't help but feel today has been another nail in the coffin for Wiggin's chances at Paris-Roubaix. If he wasn't a target already, with Tomeke and Spartacus out he's probably going to get marked pretty closely.

Whether this is an opportunity for someone else at Sky - Stannard, perhaps? - to have a crack, we'll see...

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #9 on: 29 March, 2015, 06:42:25 pm »
A very good 3rd place for G in a cracking* Gent-Wevelgem today, despite being blown off the road at one point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6HFh0G2-d0&feature=youtu.be&t=10s

* for armchair spectators and Luca Paolini. Riders may have expressed other opinions.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur