Author Topic: A nice 4x4 experience  (Read 1464 times)

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
A nice 4x4 experience
« on: 10 June, 2008, 08:18:54 am »
I feel obliged to share this for some reason.

GillP and I were waiting patiently to cross a really horribly busy A road whilst out for a ride on Sunday. It is so fast and busy that only the bravest of souls would take the crown of the road to turn right so we were standing on the grass verge. After about five minutes waiting along comes a big shiny 4x4 (don't ask, I have no idea what it was) and he indicates right and brings his carriage way to a halt behind him. Gill looks at him and indicates that we would like to cross. He smiles and acknowledges us and when a gap finally appears in the oncoming traffic he waits while we cross before moving over himself. It gave me a lovely warm feeling.

Re: A nice 4x4 experience
« Reply #1 on: 10 June, 2008, 08:23:54 am »
see?  we're not all bastards :)

(it's even funnier letting someone out when I'm in the b%w - NOBODY expects that...)

alan

« Reply #2 on: 10 June, 2008, 08:28:18 am »
That's now't to do with you mate..all credit to GillP.I reckon the Red Sea would part again to let her cross ;)

« Reply #3 on: 10 June, 2008, 09:05:01 am »
My car has a 4x4 transmission. I know many 2x4 which behave far worse at many levels!  ;)
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

alan

« Reply #4 on: 10 June, 2008, 09:06:19 am »
My car has a 4x4 transmission. I know many 2x4 which behave far worse at many levels!  ;)

Same here on both counts :thumbsup: