Author Topic: Small World  (Read 6431 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Small World
« on: 04 April, 2008, 05:58:09 pm »
On Wednesday I found myself back in Gotham Bikes as recommended HERE (the downtown branch trades as Gotham Bikes) where a saw a really stylish jersey that  I really liked with the Gotham Bikes logo. Thinking that it would be unusual and that few people would have heard of it in London I decided I needed one to take advantage of the weak dollar and treat myself.

Roll forward to this afternoon when I took it out for its first spin. Not 100 yards from my home someone stopped me and said "Did you get that at West Broadway, I used to live round the corner."

So bang went my plan for an exotic jersey  >:(

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Small World
« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2008, 06:29:26 pm »
This afternoon I went to the enormous B & Q which has sprung up on the north side of the town. The purpose of my visit was to buy seeds.

When on the hunt for onion sets, which I failed to locate, I came across a chap dressed in the pensioner-working-for-b-&-q uniform and thought "I know that chap!" His name badge, Brian, confirmed it.

This was my boss's boss, whose civil service pension must be pretty enormous (probably at least £25000 p a)  but who finds it necessary to get a minimum wage job in a garden centre. When we worked for HMCE, he accompanied me on one of the best jollies we ever had, a trip to Elgin Sub-VAT office in June. This involved a guided tour of the Glenmurray-Glenlivet distillery.

I expect his wife was fed up with him at home.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2 on: 04 April, 2008, 07:19:55 pm »
He who is not busy being born is busy dying.

<Goes back to sleep in the arm chair ;D ;D ;D>
Stropping rocks

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #3 on: 05 April, 2008, 12:55:37 am »

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #4 on: 24 May, 2021, 08:31:53 pm »
I have just made contact with an old college chum with whom I have not been in touch since... 1975, I reckon, when we left college.

He's just posted a photo including Canardly, of this parish, and sporting his YACF top, round the corner from whom this chap lives, in St Neots.

« Reply #5 on: 24 May, 2021, 08:42:52 pm »
Well I never.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #6 on: 24 May, 2021, 08:44:49 pm »
Pat Hart.

« Reply #7 on: 24 May, 2021, 08:57:19 pm »
OIC. I did suspect. Nice bloke.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain