Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1253794 times)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #575 on: 01 May, 2009, 06:04:34 pm »
Woah!!!  just  started my fitness campaign, 194 km last week, 144 km so far this week, SMALL dinners, was 98kg mon, this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 95kg!!

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #576 on: 06 May, 2009, 07:32:36 am »
Back on track again. Lost a stone in the past two weeks (thanks to illness) and managing to keep it off for now. It's kick started me back off again.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #577 on: 06 May, 2009, 09:20:48 am »
Best week since the beginning of February - lost a kilo exactly.  Definitely going in the right direction.

Not sure what I did right, really - I've had at least two cafe breakfasts this week, and pizza twice.  Didn't ride far at the weekend, either... ???
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #578 on: 13 May, 2009, 09:50:36 am »
Yay!  Not another kilo off, but the best part of it.  I've now lost 15kg since the most I've weighed (I may have been more than that, but I didn't measure it), which was about when I started cycling.
Getting there...

Chris S

« Reply #579 on: 13 May, 2009, 10:15:05 am »
Best week since the beginning of February - lost a kilo exactly.  Definitely going in the right direction.

Rather bizarrely, exactly the same for me too.

Moderating weekday booze (as in not having any) and back to back audax weekends (300 then a 400) probably provided the nudge off the plateau.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #580 on: 13 May, 2009, 10:17:12 am »
Well done.  You probably burned an awful lot of calories on those rides :)
Getting there...

« Reply #581 on: 13 May, 2009, 12:16:26 pm »
Continued progress. Extra football last night helped.

This month should do it what with the BCM and DIY 400 to Cornwall (possibly replaced with something else as it might not be on)...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #582 on: 13 May, 2009, 08:08:24 pm »
We're having the bathroom rebuilt, so the scales are hidden in a cupboard. Good thing I expect, on at least three counts:
  • The easter bunny brought eggs the kids didn't like (creme) so I had to help out with them
  • I've not been on the bike for a couple of weeks because getting sweaty with no shower until I get to work is undesirable
  • I had the snip yesterday and even your most broken in and sofa-like brooks saddle doesn't appeal right now  :o

So, damage limitation for a bit then some extra riding to get back on track.

Right, excuses above are all dealt with now  :thumbsup: First weigh for 6 weeks with just one ride last week, and I'm the same weight as last time - which feels like progress to me.  ;D

alan

« Reply #583 on: 14 May, 2009, 09:27:55 am »
All the way from John O Groats to Stoke & lost only one kilogram :(

A diet of porridge & Guiness  does not seem to be working ::-)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #584 on: 15 May, 2009, 01:41:41 pm »
All the way from John O Groats to Stoke & lost only one kilogram :(

A diet of porridge & Guiness  does not seem to be working ::-)

muscle weighs more than fat

« Reply #585 on: 15 May, 2009, 01:43:27 pm »
If I do an Audax at the weekend then I usually don't see any difference in my weight on the following Wednesday's weigh in.

I do usually see the difference on the weigh in the week after though...

I shall test out this theory in a bit by looking at the Audaxes I've done and my weight reports...will do it when I get a chance.

Entries in bold had an Audax the weekend before.

January__ February__ March_____ April_____ May_______ June_______
7th: 81.34th: 82.74th: 82.11st: 79.86th: 80.23rd: 78.5
14th: 81.811th: 82.611th: 81.18th: 78.713th: 78.010th:
21st: 81.918th: 80.518th: pass15th: 79.020th: 80.117th:
28th: 82.825th: 82.525th: 80.522nd: 80.227th: 79.124th:
                 29th: 79.2            

Not convincing, looks more like 2 weeks after.

simonp

« Reply #586 on: 18 May, 2009, 03:58:24 pm »
Yay, target (72.0kg) reached.  :thumbsup:

Fred Whitton Challenge FTW.

simonp

« Reply #587 on: 25 May, 2009, 02:05:35 pm »
Yay, target (72.0kg) reached.  :thumbsup:

Fred Whitton Challenge FTW.

70.9kg  :thumbsup:

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #588 on: 25 May, 2009, 04:13:57 pm »
My weigh in at WeightWatchers last week brought a pleasant surprise - 5lb off...

But this weekend was barbecue weekend...  :-\ so this week's weigh in may not be as good.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #589 on: 26 May, 2009, 10:03:36 pm »
down to 93kg now! ;D thats 5kg lost.  Went into poundland and swambo wanted some sugar , so she bought 2 1.5 kg bags, and I carried them home. Christ their heavy, carrying 3kg in a carrier bag is well heavy, but guess wat, when I held it close to my stomach, I couldnt really notice a difference,  when I think that so far I've lost 3.5 of these 1.5kg bags, I'm astonished that FAT can weigh SO much. I've still got another 5kg to go to get to 89kg (14 st.) any less than that and i'll look like a pencilneckedpenpusher! :thumbsup:

Chris S

« Reply #590 on: 27 May, 2009, 08:45:09 am »
Yes!! Result!!!  :thumbsup:

It's official. I have defied the Laws of Thermodynamics. Awesome!

I weighed myself before last weekend. 87.9Kg. After approximately 15,000 kcals worth of cycling and two days of BMR, and whilst eating only about 3000kcals on each of those days...

I've gained half a kilo  :thumbsup:;D

However. The Tanita scales insist something is going on. My body fat percentage was 22% last week, and now it's 18.5% so something changed. I guess that means I have a lot of water (and probably metabolic waste products) sloshing around in my legs. Nice  :sick:.

Regulator

« Reply #591 on: 29 May, 2009, 11:22:46 am »
Wahey!  Another 4½lbs off this week, despite a Bank Holiday weekend of too much booze and barbecued meat.

However, tomorrow is the little sister's wedding.  So compliance may be impaired... :-[

Green Party Councillor

simonp

« Reply #592 on: 02 June, 2009, 11:14:43 pm »
I've invented a new syndrome.

PAWGS

Post Audax Weight Gain Syndrome.

I'm 1kg heavier (as of last night) than a week ago.  But my body fat (as measured by Tanita scales) is down from 17% to just under 16%.

I think Chris has it right - increased fluid in the leg muscles.  I've not got any fatter round the waist afaict.

Will see if it renormalises over the next few days.  Gym reckon I don't want to go below 15% because of the ultra endurance nature of Audax as having those reserves will be useful.

Of course, those scales can't give an accurate absolute reading and can only really indicate the direction of a trend.  I want to get in one of those body fat pods I saw on the telly.

Life Measurement, Inc. BOD POD

However, I did find some negative stuff about accuracy of that too.  They have one at Addenbrooke's apparently.

« Reply #593 on: 03 June, 2009, 09:52:08 am »
I've invented a new syndrome.

PAWGS

Post Audax Weight Gain Syndrome.

Mine goes up the week after an Audax and then down in the two weeks after that. Where's the cut and paste i did...

Ah, just a few posts up: Weight Loss Discussion Thread (updated with latest Audaxes and weights). Since Wednesday is weigh day the emboldened weights were taken I'd done an Audax the weekend prior.

Will see if it renormalises over the next few days.  Gym reckon I don't want to go below 15% because of the ultra endurance nature of Audax as having those reserves will be useful.

Really? The real ultra endurance athletes (i.e. the ones that do the 10 x distance Deca-Ironmans) are skinny as a rake with near bugger all fat on them. I'd be suprised if they were more than 8% body fat.

15% * (70kg/0.454) * 3500 =~ 80,000 kcal of energy in fat reserves

« Reply #594 on: 03 June, 2009, 02:33:17 pm »
Up less than a kilo after more than a week on Holiday :D.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #595 on: 04 June, 2009, 01:47:58 pm »
7.5 weeks to LEL. 2.3kg to go to reach my arbitrary target of 12 stone. Should be ok.

One flat 200km DIY Audax, one insanely hilly 300km Audax, one flat 400km DIY Audax (Dun Run and back) and then LEL.

« Reply #596 on: 04 June, 2009, 09:16:45 pm »
I've gone down 1kg in the last couple of weeks, 71kg. Other than that it's stayed pretty stable since that hilly weekend with Noodley which I find rather pleasing since I have done long rides every weekend for the last 10 weeks, including 1100km in nine days ending last weekend.

Regulator

« Reply #597 on: 05 June, 2009, 09:35:48 am »
Wahey!  Another 2½lbs off this week - despite grossly over indulging at my little sister's wedding at the weekend.

Green Party Councillor

simonp

« Reply #598 on: 05 June, 2009, 10:54:28 pm »
I suspect I've lost weight this week, due to overwork and stress.

simonp

« Reply #599 on: 07 June, 2009, 01:20:35 am »
Yep.  70.4kg as of last night.  Probably even less now.

No, the same.  Lower body fat reading so maybe less dehydration.  I didn't have breakfast today, baguette for a late lunch then a small piece of chocolate tiffin cake in town, and just finally eaten something after forgetting to have dinner.  ::-)