Author Topic: ronhill bikester tights..?  (Read 16846 times)

Re: ronhill bikester tights..?
« Reply #50 on: 30 January, 2020, 04:05:21 pm »
Amazon seem to have something called "Bikester Evolution": https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ronhill-Womens-WMS-Bikester-Evolution/dp/B0042M5YCQ

« Reply #51 on: 30 January, 2020, 04:09:35 pm »
I think the only difference between Bikesters & Tracksters was that the former had a higher waistband at the rear.   
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #52 on: 30 January, 2020, 04:19:03 pm »
Found an Amazon seller with Tracksters in sizes larger than 10 (the links above only have smaller ones) for 15 quid, which seems worth a punt:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ronhill-Womens-Trackster-Origin/dp/B0050TQ39S

Phil W

« Reply #53 on: 30 January, 2020, 04:30:11 pm »
Ha I still have four pairs of bikesters going strong after 15 years.  Only used on winter commutes but now seeing service on recumbent.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #54 on: 30 January, 2020, 04:41:07 pm »
I think the only difference between Bikesters & Tracksters was that the former had a higher waistband at the rear.
I've bought a couple of pairs of each, I can't tell the difference. Seem to be much the same waistband and fit.
One has bigger reflective stripes on the ankles, not sure if they are Bikesters. And different materials and thicknesses, I think just because some are older models.

Start Fitness still have Tracksters in most sizes.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #55 on: 30 January, 2020, 04:44:09 pm »
Ha I still have four pairs of bikesters going strong after 15 years.  Only used on winter commutes but now seeing service on recumbent.

Recumbents tend not to eat the fabric of unpadded[1] tights the way saddles do.  But I mostly want these for use on uprights.

[1] Recumbent riding will tend to wear the lycra around the front of the pad of padded shorts.

« Reply #56 on: 30 January, 2020, 04:55:11 pm »
I even use them in the winter to keep the chill off my legs.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #57 on: 30 January, 2020, 05:26:58 pm »
Use my tracksters most days,  my 'older pair' now have 2 x 50p size holes under my sit bones. Last year wiggle had them on special,  so i bought 2 pairs, only dived into the un opened packet last night to see how thick they are supposed to be.. TOP TIP !!!!!!!!!! replace the drawer cord with stout elastic, and either tie up were you want it, or fit a toggle, as due to the slightly shorter back, in order to keep them 'up' they have to be tight enough to leave a red ring on ones middling bits. bought my first pair in C. 1993 in a small camping/hiking shop in Crickhowell,whilst on a x-mas mtb weekend in my camping bus.  ( these actually lasted me 25 years  ::-),  my last pair lasted about 5 years, but tbf I now use a leather saddle)

Phil W

« Reply #58 on: 30 January, 2020, 05:27:17 pm »

Recumbents tend not to eat the fabric of unpadded[1] tights the way saddles do.  But I mostly want these for use on uprights.

[1] Recumbent riding will tend to wear the lycra around the front of the pad of padded shorts.

You misunderstand the 15 years has all been upright. Using them on recumbent is just something I’ve started doing this winter.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #59 on: 30 January, 2020, 06:11:25 pm »
Well that sounds promising...

Snakehips

• Twixt London and leafy Surrey
« Reply #60 on: 30 January, 2020, 06:31:13 pm »
Another Trackster man here, which I buy two pairs at a time from Wiggle when they are on a good offer.  Coupled with Sports World cheapo long johns if I am feeling particularly delicate. (which is more common now than it used to be)
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?

« Reply #61 on: 30 January, 2020, 08:23:42 pm »
Two pairs of Tracksters here. First pair bought in about 2004/5 and have been used every Winter since. I did buy a spare pair (just in case), but haven't had to call on them yet. The original pair had to be patched up in the sit-bone area before this Winter.

Approx 1500 miles/year on a leather Brooks.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #62 on: 30 January, 2020, 08:42:06 pm »
bloody Hell Ron Hills, that takes me back!
 Essential rig for off duty bootnecks in the 80's. Paired with a Helly Hansen fleece it was like a convention of Max Walls.
often lost.

« Reply #63 on: 30 January, 2020, 09:29:58 pm »
I was after some replacement bikesters last year and ended up taking a punt on a pair of Rockbros Thermal Fleece Long Cycling Pants (ebay description!).  Have been really impressed with them, 2XL for my 35" waist is a perfect fit with plenty of length in the leg.  Much thicker and warmer than Ron Hills and quite waterproof so a great option for the winter.
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #64 on: 31 January, 2020, 06:44:53 am »
. The original pair had to be patched up in the sit-bone area before this Winter.

What with / how did you patch them? Pics?  :)

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #65 on: 31 January, 2020, 06:57:28 am »

You misunderstand the 15 years has all been upright. Using them on recumbent is just something I’ve started doing this winter.
So, to get the most value out of them, one should buy a recumbent before the seat of one’s tracksters starts to wear?
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #66 on: 31 January, 2020, 07:07:28 am »
Wear them back to front.  ::-)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #67 on: 31 January, 2020, 08:34:20 am »
I've had mine about as long as Hatler's had his, but I only have one pair. Last summer I cut the stirrups off, which so far seems like a good decision.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #68 on: 31 January, 2020, 07:26:42 pm »
I've had mine about as long as Hatler's had his, but I only have one pair. Last summer I cut the stirrups off, which so far seems like a good decision.
Why ?  Are your legs getting longer ?
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #69 on: 31 January, 2020, 07:27:47 pm »
. The original pair had to be patched up in the sit-bone area before this Winter.

What with / how did you patch them? Pics?  :)
The mysteries of the sewing machine are known only to mrs hatler in this household. I don't know if she used patches or not. I'll check, take pics and post later.
Rust never sleeps