Author Topic: DIY Overseas  (Read 2823 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
DIY Overseas
« on: 06 August, 2010, 10:24:22 pm »
I'll be going abroad in a couple of months and may be able to fit in a couple of >200km rides on the way.  How do I get these accredited by AUK, do I talk to my local DIY organiser or is there anyone in particular I should contact?

Re: DIY Overseas
« Reply #1 on: 06 August, 2010, 10:27:58 pm »
Contact the DIY Org. in the first instance. I did one in the Ballieric Islands a few years ago, there was only one DIY Org in those days and it was treated like any other as far as I can see. I suppose so long as they can approve the route it's as normal and Autoroute was possible for the one I did.

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2010, 10:35:05 pm »
My controller has always been happy to check my route and either agree control points for receipts or "tampons" under the old card system- or with the new system I shall submit a GPS track going thru the agreed points. So talk nicely to your usual controller would be my suggestion
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

Martin

« Reply #3 on: 06 August, 2010, 10:45:48 pm »
if it's available on viamichelin I can do it;

haven't tried any routes outside Europe on it though and not sure if the new gps validation software can cope with it;

who is your DIY org? if you live in Buckingham Palace as per your profile it's me  :)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #4 on: 07 August, 2010, 02:41:15 pm »
who is your DIY org? if you live in Buckingham Palace as per your profile it's me  :)
Ssh!  I try to keep my real identity and location a secret (I'd hate for an irate randonneur to assassinate the corgis), so I use a palace forwarding address in the North.  I've just bought some cards from Joe Applegarth after using some I had from Danial.