Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2467599 times)

Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #5025 on: 07 January, 2012, 08:41:26 am »

My Orbit being attacked by a badger.  In Brighton.

Are you sure that is a badger? It could be bishop Brennan.

I think needs much closer inspection  :)

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #5026 on: 07 January, 2012, 09:45:52 am »
Can bikes contract TB ?  :o
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #5027 on: 08 January, 2012, 06:01:38 pm »

My Orbit being attacked by a badger.  In Brighton.

Are you sure that is a badger? It could be bishop Brennan.

I think needs much closer inspection  :)

No, I was wrong it is a badger not a bishop.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #5028 on: 09 January, 2012, 11:48:54 am »
Hello everybody. I'm a newbie here - these are 2 of my bikes and .

The LHT was built up mainly from the parts box, whereas the charge was also a frame build up courtesy of an old cannondale. V pleased with both of them.

The owner of the photo (you?) has disabled sharing of the photo on flickr. So there is no handy link on flickr to generate the BBCode that you need to share the photos on here.

« Reply #5029 on: 09 January, 2012, 01:18:02 pm »
Hello everybody. I'm a newbie here - these are 2 of my bikes.

The LHT was built up mainly from the parts box, whereas the charge was also a frame build up courtesy of an old cannondale. V pleased with both of them. I can't seem to get the photos directly on this post but the link now works! (thanks Hulver)

[/url]
IMG_0413 by hop58, on Flickr[/img]

and [/url]
IMG_0009_2 by hop58, on Flickr[/img]

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5030 on: 09 January, 2012, 01:23:24 pm »
They're both rather nice. The Surly has interesting bars, almost like an inverted North Road (would that make it a South Road?) and I like the brown tape too. And what fat tyres!

To get a pic on here, you need to grab the image address, ending in .jpg and put that between the img tags. At least that's what I do, I think there is another way with flickr too.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5031 on: 09 January, 2012, 01:25:27 pm »
Well worth waiting for.  That Juicer has nice simple lines and looks good, in an understated kind of way that really appeals to me.
Getting there...

« Reply #5032 on: 09 January, 2012, 01:29:59 pm »
Thanks Cudzoziemiec, They're on one midges, tyres are kenda kommuter 26" x  2" - I find it a v comfy set up. The bar tape isn't anything fancy I think it was fizik - about 10 quid

I've been trying for about an hour to get the photos on - I think I'll have a break from it now ... and leave it for another day!

Clarion - I've been looking for a frame/forks for a while and in the end it was a toss up between the charge, a surly pacer and a genesis equilibrium. In the end I went for the charge because it's had ace reviews and I liked its skinny tubes and traditional looks.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5033 on: 09 January, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »
Midge bars - noted!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #5034 on: 09 January, 2012, 01:41:32 pm »
Hello everybody. I'm a newbie here - these are 2 of my bikes.

The LHT was built up mainly from the parts box, whereas the charge was also a frame build up courtesy of an old cannondale. V pleased with both of them. I can't seem to get the photos directly on this post but the link now works! (thanks Hulver)

[/url]
IMG_0413 by hop58, on Flickr[/img]

and [/url]
IMG_0009_2 by hop58, on Flickr[/img]

Like this : -

Click on Actions in FlickR, then View all Sizes, then pick one, then right click the image to get its properties.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #5035 on: 09 January, 2012, 01:50:11 pm »
Nice bikes Tim58, and very good choice of saddle bag too  :thumbsup:

« Reply #5036 on: 09 January, 2012, 02:08:03 pm »
Nice bikes - I think you'll fit in here fine  :thumbsup:

A quick way of getting them onto here from flickr - just above the photo in flickr there is a share button. Click that, select "Grab the HTML/BB Code", then the BB Code button. Copy the code that it gives you and paste it here directly into your post. Very quick and easy.

« Reply #5037 on: 09 January, 2012, 02:20:53 pm »
hey presto

« Reply #5038 on: 09 January, 2012, 02:34:41 pm »
There's no stopping me now.. and finally my mountain bike (after the dyfi enduro)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5039 on: 09 January, 2012, 02:40:55 pm »
Thanks Cudzoziemiec, They're on one midges, tyres are kenda kommuter 26" x  2" - I find it a v comfy set up. The bar tape isn't anything fancy I think it was fizik - about 10 quid

I've been trying for about an hour to get the photos on - I think I'll have a break from it now ... and leave it for another day!

Clarion - I've been looking for a frame/forks for a while and in the end it was a toss up between the charge, a surly pacer and a genesis equilibrium. In the end I went for the charge because it's had ace reviews and I liked its skinny tubes and traditional looks.

You will come to learn that I am a fan of traditional looking bikes ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #5040 on: 09 January, 2012, 04:56:37 pm »
I've been looking for a frame/forks for a while and in the end it was a toss up between the charge, a surly pacer and a genesis equilibrium. In the end I went for the charge because it's had ace reviews and I liked its skinny tubes and traditional looks.

I really like the look of the Juicer. I think it will complement nicely the Cross Check. Do you know if can you still get it as a frameset only?

Marcin

« Reply #5041 on: 09 January, 2012, 05:47:25 pm »
Hi Marcin, as far as I know Charge don't sell it as a frameset anymore, but Evans cycles had some old stock and I managed to buy the the last small but I think there was still a medium available.

« Reply #5042 on: 09 January, 2012, 06:21:33 pm »
Hi Marcin, as far as I know Charge don't sell it as a frameset anymore, but Evans cycles had some old stock and I managed to buy the the last small but I think there was still a medium available.
Thanks,   I'm afraid I need large though.
Cheers, Marcin

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5043 on: 10 January, 2012, 08:37:40 pm »
My Ridgeback in a badass urban setting (well, somewhere amongst the public schools near Dulwich Park ;D )

No, the tyres aren't flat - there's a concrete barrier in between.
Getting there...

« Reply #5044 on: 11 January, 2012, 04:19:17 pm »
Two_Flat_Erics Ridgeback minus drop bars relplaced with butterfly's and new shifter's

« Reply #5045 on: 11 January, 2012, 04:28:59 pm »
My Ridgeback in a badass urban setting (well, somewhere amongst the public schools near Dulwich Park ;D )

No, the tyres aren't flat - there's a concrete barrier in between.

C, what's the apparatus on the seat- and chain-stays?

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #5046 on: 11 January, 2012, 04:55:02 pm »
Looks like a stand to me?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5047 on: 11 January, 2012, 06:14:20 pm »
Yup, that's a propstand.
Getting there...

« Reply #5048 on: 11 January, 2012, 06:16:51 pm »
Yup, that's a propstand.

I have the same one on my Fuji, purchased at the Sem Fed. It might look uncool but its bloody handy, especially when loading panniers onto the bike or wanting to park your bike next to your tent in the middle of a field  :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5049 on: 11 January, 2012, 06:19:59 pm »
Very very useful.  Just a PITA that the clamps are for oversized Al tubes and not slender steel loveliness.

It is worth having it, if only for those moments when one passes a roadie on the commute who then clocks the propstand, Carradice and chunky rider. ;D
Getting there...