Author Topic: What is this media card and what card reader (or other device) will read it?  (Read 911 times)

Madame has just received a present frpm Thailand with supposedly a cd for a net series that she is following. What came (along with the novel of the series in thai and english) is this card  which we presume replaces the cd/dvd but how do we read it? Does it come apart to reveal a usb type plug or a smart card or is there some other sort of sorcery required to read it? All that is marked on the invoice is vcd 105 mins but googling vcd only seems to give conventional optical drives.

Any help with this will be gratefully received (above all by madame, since it's her present to herself!). We have never seen one of these before!

is there anything that slides/lifts?

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
See that grilled bit at the bottom of the lump, does it pull out?

As much as the style suggests it's an anti-shoplifting tag, my only thought is that it secretes a USB stick.

Definitely seems to be a USB card - I Googled "USB credit card" and it comes up with similar-looking stuff:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Yes, I received conference proceedings on a similar item once.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Definitely seems to be a USB card - I Googled "USB credit card" and it comes up with similar-looking stuff:

That's it! And it doesn't slide, it swivels with a slight pressure on the inboard end. Hooray and thank you ever so much (from both of us!

In fact, I just realised I have something similar here (promotional freebie from an old workplace - it must be 10 years old and I've never used it)! The USB part simply rotates/flips up on mine, though yours might need to slide by the looks of it.

No it rotates just like that one, although the tongue is longer. It is in fact just like the image that you found us on the web

Ah, glad you sorted it. :thumbsup:

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
I used to get people worried by distributing stuff on things looking like this:

An amazing number of people returned them marked 'damaged in post'  ;D
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll