Author Topic: Wide sleeping bags  (Read 7193 times)

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
Re: Wide sleeping bags
« Reply #25 on: 26 February, 2018, 01:01:02 pm »
http://www.westernmountaineering.com/sleeping-bags/microfiber-series/ponderosa-mf/ I've used this  one the last couple of years.
My usual  sleepingbag suddenly felt to narrow when I added 15kg of bodyweight.

It's pricy but spaceous :thumbsup:

« Reply #26 on: 26 February, 2018, 05:37:09 pm »
Forgive me..... But I thought this was about wide sleeping bags....
I wonder if he was replying to this topic?
https://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=120351

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #27 on: 08 March, 2018, 11:47:27 pm »
I ordered on of these...

https://www.alpkit.com/products/cloud-cover

but there has been a problem, or more than one.

Royal Mail claim to have attempted to deliver it to a "safeplace" and to have put a card through my door at 11.34 Tuesday morning. We were all in and active and had our front doorbell been rung at the claimed time it would have been answered within seconds. Also no card was delivered. Royal Mail's website has a tracking number so I phoned them and cited the said tracking number.

Yesterday morning our postman called and asked if we had complained to his manager because he had been had words with. I explained to him what had happened and invited him in to see the screen showing that the item had been delivered to "safeplace" (I didn't nominate any safe place for it to be left in case we weren't in). He said categorically that it wasn't him who had registered that the item had been delivered and he phoned his colleague who does van deliveries to our road. He hadn't delivered it either.

Eventually I managed to get through to Alpkit, whose computer system had had some sort of big update and they have registered that there is a problem.

So I am still waiting or my quilt to arrive.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #28 on: 09 March, 2018, 09:48:07 am »
Well that is bloody annoying >:( I hope you get it sorted soon.

« Reply #29 on: 09 March, 2018, 02:15:01 pm »
I've been mostly using a fully unzipped sleeping bag as a quilt for some years now. It's OK, but the hood gets in my face, so inspired by @Whitestone, I've just received a Cumulus L430 rectangular quilt from Backcountry.Scot, which should also allow use as a hammock underquilt.

Fibre pile was introduced by Helly Hansen in 1961, and was in pretty wide use well before Patagonia introduced fleece as a solution to the pilling that fibre pile was prone to.

« Reply #30 on: 09 March, 2018, 07:25:17 pm »

Royal Mail claim to have attempted to deliver it .
I have had cards pushed through the door telling me that RM tried to deliver something and i'll have to go down the sorting office to collect. I know that's a lie because I was in when they did it.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #31 on: 09 March, 2018, 07:33:26 pm »
Well, no one knocked at the door and both postpersons likely to have delivered it have stated that they were not in the vicinity at the stated time.

It looks to me as though someone else has put in a false entry for whatever reason. The postman has his "gun" (electronic device) which records when signatures are taken and tracks him gps-wise so he can prove that he wasn't around at the time.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.