Author Topic: Oiks shouting stuff at cyclists  (Read 372926 times)

Re: Oiks shouting stuff at cyclists
« Reply #1525 on: 26 September, 2022, 11:58:37 am »
Yesterday, whilst I was cycling along Southend’s infamous York Road to see my Good Pal Penelope.

“Zee zee Top!”, whom I believe to be a superannuated PBC, m’lud.

Zizi being of course a French baby-word for willy.  And the Cirl Bunting.

And it's also a perfectly legitimate Moroccan name. Try to remain serious while greeting your work colleague with a:
"Bonjour Monsieur Zizi."

A

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1526 on: 26 September, 2022, 02:25:10 pm »
Hah! I used to know a bloke whose name begged to be pronounced as pink ass.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #1527 on: 26 September, 2022, 02:31:14 pm »

Not a world-famous violinist, I suppose?

« Reply #1528 on: 26 September, 2022, 02:34:14 pm »
Yesterday, whilst I was cycling along Southend’s infamous York Road to see my Good Pal Penelope.

“Zee zee Top!”, whom I believe to be a superannuated PBC, m’lud.

Zizi being of course a French baby-word for willy.  And the Cirl Bunting.

And it's also a perfectly legitimate Moroccan name. Try to remain serious while greeting your work colleague with a:
"Bonjour Monsieur Zizi."

A

I think you'd also by well-advise not to smirk when greeting a certain French footballer in such a fashion.

felstedrider

« Reply #1529 on: 26 September, 2022, 02:52:27 pm »
Not sure this counts but I had drawing pins thrown out of a car window into my path last week.

(Large silver SUV - Chigwell area)

« Reply #1530 on: 27 September, 2022, 08:00:42 am »
Not sure this counts but I had drawing pins thrown out of a car window into my path last week.

Wrong thread! You should start a new thread: "Oiks shooting stuff at cyclists".

More seriously, I think that throwing drawing pins with the intent of causing punctures is dangerous enough that such action should always be reported to the police.

A

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #1531 on: 27 September, 2022, 09:52:36 am »

Wrong thread! You should start a new thread: "Oiks shooting stuff at cyclists".

More seriously, I think that throwing drawing pins with the intent of causing punctures is dangerous enough that such action should always be reported to the police.

A
Anecdata but:  this happened near my workplace a number of years back, regularly ie >once.  Apparently it was taken seriously only once a motorist had raised as being a problem.  Therefore don't mention you were on a bike. 
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

« Reply #1532 on: 27 September, 2022, 05:19:09 pm »

There has been something of a spate of tack throwing by inadequate SUV occupants in the Epping - Ongar - Chigwell triangle recently.  The sensitive little darlings are feeling all upset about the shrinking effect of Ride London on their already miniscule male appendage and believe they are exacting some kind of Putin-esque revenge on the hordes of invading cyclists by throwing tacks from their car windows.  The area gets more Birds of a Feather meets Only Fools and Horses by the day!

felstedrider

« Reply #1533 on: 27 September, 2022, 08:16:17 pm »

There has been something of a spate of tack throwing by inadequate SUV occupants in the Epping - Ongar - Chigwell triangle recently.  The sensitive little darlings are feeling all upset about the shrinking effect of Ride London on their already miniscule male appendage and believe they are exacting some kind of Putin-esque revenge on the hordes of invading cyclists by throwing tacks from their car windows.  The area gets more Birds of a Feather meets Only Fools and Horses by the day!

Interesting.  It was definitely mentioned on the village Facebook group around the time of Ride London but I assumed any animosity had all but disappeared.

« Reply #1534 on: 24 November, 2022, 09:27:50 am »
There was another cyclist on my route to work this morning- going the other way. I don't know if he was shouting at me, at the cars (they didn't seem that badly behaved) or just at the world, but it was a full-on

mumngbpbAAAARRRRRGGGGAA

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1535 on: 18 February, 2023, 06:29:11 pm »
Driver of car, stopped at the stop line at the top of Weatheroak Hill[1] winds down his window in anticipation of me crossing the junction.  As I pass, he serenades me with a full operatic rendition of the word "Bicycle!" inna Freddie Mecury style.

[1] Unlike the driver of the car the other day, who had stopped arse-backwards in the hedge.  He was accompanied by a several of ossifers who were clearly as puzzled by the dynamics of the situation as I was.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1536 on: 19 February, 2023, 12:45:56 am »
Driver of car, stopped at the stop line at the top of Weatheroak Hill[1] winds down his window in anticipation of me crossing the junction.  As I pass, he serenades me with a full operatic rendition of the word "Bicycle!" inna Freddie Mecury style.
If you were on the Red Baron, the correct reply would have been "I'm on a rocket ship to Selly Oak!"
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1537 on: 19 February, 2023, 12:46:22 am »

Not a world-famous violinist, I suppose?
Pink Ass Sugar Daddy, no less.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #1538 on: 19 February, 2023, 06:16:00 pm »
Truly original “Get on the f’ing cycle path” from the driver on the Maldon by-pass yesterday.  It wasn’t, it was a shared path and I was doing a heavily wind-assisted 25mph so I ignored him and ignored him again as I passed him stuck in traffic in the town centre a few seconds later.

HTFB

• The Monkey and the Plywood Violin
« Reply #1539 on: 08 December, 2023, 08:39:24 pm »
"You scream like a fish!"

From a black-clad deliverybod on a stealth-lit ebike who had just jumped the lights across my path. "Take a look!" I had shouted, raising my well-modulated and manly baritone on the last syllable, forte-fortissimo in a diminished fifth. He did look, and our paths didn't intersect. So I won, even if I scream like a fish. ???
Not especially helpful or mature

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1540 on: 28 December, 2023, 10:34:59 pm »
"You'll be alright if you stick to the middle".

From a truck driver who'd just gone through the large puddle I was approaching.

:)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1541 on: 12 January, 2024, 11:56:05 pm »
Oik at a bus stop did the try-to-startle-the-cyclist-with-a-sudden-manly-gorilla-noise routine to me earlier.  I completely failed to fall off and get run over by a van or anything, so they won't get the TikTok views they were hoping for.  Unless their microphone managed to catch my retort of "BUS WANKER!", which they are probably too young to appreciate.

« Reply #1542 on: 04 February, 2024, 02:47:12 pm »
The favourite of kids is to ask me to do a wheelie.  Being on a recumbent I reply that
I already am.  This causes no end of mirth on both sides of the exchange.

sam

« Reply #1543 on: 09 February, 2024, 10:14:46 am »
"You scream like a fish!"

From a black-clad deliverybod on a stealth-lit ebike who had just jumped the lights across my path. "Take a look!" I had shouted, raising my well-modulated and manly baritone on the last syllable, forte-fortissimo in a diminished fifth. He did look, and our paths didn't intersect. So I won, even if I scream like a fish. ???

"You ride like a girl," I was told in an attempted shaming by a very silly boy.

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #1544 on: 11 February, 2024, 03:47:01 pm »
I was approaching some traffic lights to turn-right, about 100 yards from a left-turn I would
make to enter my street. Two cars, a big Land Rover and an Audi saloon. At the red traffic
light I was able to filter to the front of them as the lights changed to green.

I turned right, the Land Rover followed (no issues there), the Audi's driver slowed alongside
me and shouted that I should be on the cycle path on the opposite side of the road, because
"millions were spent on it".

I had to make my left-turn about 40 yards after he caught up to me and have his rant.

I just waved at him as he sped off and I made my left-turn.

« Reply #1545 on: 20 February, 2024, 10:14:41 am »
^ Yes, "smile and wave boys, smile and wave"
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1546 on: 24 March, 2024, 09:58:02 pm »
Old man in a hat, having slowed to a crawl to drive his little car through a gap (that could easily accommodate it) between a taxi (which I was waiting behind) and a skip:  "Those bikes are stupid."

Er, thanks?

« Reply #1547 on: 12 April, 2024, 11:53:30 pm »
I have noticed on my commute this week that many residents of Mordor struggle to drive their cars through car sizes spaces.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace