Author Topic: The health and fitness thread about random things  (Read 476749 times)

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Reply #5000 on: 28 April, 2024, 01:48:06 pm »
150 / 88 with heart rate of 55 was this evenings BP reading  ???

Single readings are no good.

You need to:

- sit or lie down for five minutes before taking a reading.
- take three consecutive readings over a 10 minute period.

They are consistently on the high side throughout the day. I'll probably try and make an appointment with practice nurse to discuss BP testing

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5001 on: 28 April, 2024, 01:50:55 pm »
Hope you make a full recovery PDQ!

My ageing mother did this a few years ago and has done well, following quite a lot of physiotherapy.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #5002 on: 30 April, 2024, 06:01:08 pm »
So, today the (very nice) quack took some photies of the lump on my face. She seemed quite excited to do so. We had a look at Google images of the various likely things that lumps the face can be. She reckons it's most likely a basal cell carcinoma. I'm getting referred to Dermatology (average 22 week waiting time in NHS Teuchter) to no doubt get hacked with a rusty scalpel by a recently graduated PSO leech.

I have an appointment with the Plastic Surgery Clinic quacks next month...

After a <10 minute appointment at the hospital today I am going onto the waiting list for hacking - probably at least a couple of months. Because the BCC is close to my nose they may need to chop another bit of me off to fill the hole (the doctor pointed to his earlobe when he told me this).