Author Topic: Today is Thursday.  (Read 9246 times)

Re: Today is Thursday.
« Reply #75 on: 11 June, 2020, 12:48:28 pm »
I feel as if today is Friday. I’ve been a day ahead of myself all week.

Where as I have been a day behind ever since I had Monday off work.  :facepalm:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #76 on: 11 June, 2020, 01:30:53 pm »
Well, it feels like a Thursday to me.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #77 on: 18 June, 2020, 02:16:29 pm »
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #78 on: 18 June, 2020, 09:04:14 pm »
It comes around once a week, just like clockwork.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #79 on: 19 June, 2020, 08:48:11 am »
Yesterday was Thursday, and no one reminded me. Luckily when I woke up this morning, I realised it was Thursd'after and that means it's bin day. In fact the binnies haven't been yet.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #80 on: 19 June, 2020, 03:29:20 pm »
Our binmen also come on Thursdays.  Since the Coronalurgi they're abroad in the evenings rather than at sparrow fart, presumably because their minicabbing gigs have dried up.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #81 on: 24 June, 2020, 11:00:03 pm »
One hour to Thursday.
Our bin men come on Thursday.
All four bins tomorrow!
(Green waste, food waste, recyclable, landfill)

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #82 on: 25 June, 2020, 12:58:17 am »
I've already confused myself by getting ready for work in the morning like it's Sunday night.

Had my first full workday off since the end of March and I'm still going to be carrying a full day's worth of flexi over to the new block next week.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

« Reply #83 on: 25 June, 2020, 06:41:47 am »
Being self employed I normally don't work  on my birthday , but I have been helping a mate out since lock down . So today I have  shuttering to strip and a bay to prepare . Three of us have got 7.5 m3  of rapid set scrap yard mix concrete to lay  . The next bay to excavate and hard core . Then I am off to my own job to strip then erect scaffolding . Well they reckon hard work never killed any one .   
Its More Fun With Three .

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #84 on: 25 June, 2020, 08:44:40 am »
Yes, yes it is!
It is simpler than it looks.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #85 on: 25 June, 2020, 10:45:44 am »
It must be. I've put the rubbish sacks out.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #86 on: 14 August, 2020, 12:58:46 am »
I’ve just noticed. It’s not Thursday anymore.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #87 on: 17 September, 2020, 09:54:24 pm »
Our binmen also come on Thursdays.  Since the Coronalurgi they're abroad in the evenings rather than at sparrow fart, presumably because their minicabbing gigs have dried up.

It is 21:52.  There are binmen emptying BIIINNNSSS in Larrington Towers Road. This madness must cease.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #88 on: 17 September, 2020, 11:59:03 pm »
At 23:59 I can report my bin is standing at the end of the drive awaiting the arrival of the bin men tomorrow morn.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #89 on: 18 September, 2020, 09:12:13 am »

It is 21:52.  There are binmen emptying BIIINNNSSS in Larrington Towers Road. This madness must cease.

You're lucky. Our lot start throwing them around at 04:30.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #90 on: 24 September, 2020, 01:06:33 pm »
It's Thursday, it's 05:45*, it's BIIINNNSSS!  Normalitude is restored, probably until next week.

* Well, it was when I was rudely awakened by the sound of emptying BIIINNNSSS.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #91 on: 24 September, 2020, 01:46:42 pm »

I had my Friday ruined by it being pointed out it's actually Thursday...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #92 on: 01 October, 2020, 04:49:15 pm »
And I had a colleague appologise that her timesheet would be submitted tomorrow morning. Thereby reminding me that today is Thursday and I should be completing mine.

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #93 on: 01 October, 2020, 06:03:38 pm »
And I had a colleague appologise that her timesheet would be submitted tomorrow morning. Thereby reminding me that today is Thursday and I should be completing mine.
I remember on-line timesheets, and the frantic scrabble for job codes that would accept hours without adverse budget implications.  The high-stress point of the week.  Project managers who wanted your input but were not prepared to give you a job code.  I'm glad that's all behind me....

« Reply #94 on: 01 October, 2020, 06:25:20 pm »
I remember on-line timesheets, and the frantic scrabble for job codes that would accept hours without adverse budget implications.  The high-stress point of the week.  Project managers who wanted your input but were not prepared to give you a job code.  I'm glad that's all behind me....

It's not so bad at the moment, I have a full time secondment so it all goes on one project, I just have to divi it up between the different sub project tasks. The nice bit is the project file structure is based on teh task number so if the PM wants any input saved to the working folder they have to give me the task code.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #95 on: 01 October, 2020, 06:45:04 pm »
One of the hidden advantages of being the project manager  ;D