Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1752943 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series (plus random E Anglian stuff)
« Reply #6025 on: 15 January, 2015, 01:19:40 pm »
a bit of envy admiring Tomsk's lovely PBP past medals......

Come on James...Give In....You know you want to!

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #6026 on: 15 January, 2015, 01:25:09 pm »

Yes it's true I'm very very tempted but I know it wouldn't go down well at the ranch! Think i will try and partake in one of Tomsks audaxes first  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #6027 on: 15 January, 2015, 05:11:45 pm »

Yes it's true I'm very very tempted but I know it wouldn't go down well at the ranch! Think i will try and partake in one of Tomsks audaxes first  :thumbsup:

The PBP and such like doesn't go down well at any ranches! 

« Reply #6028 on: 15 January, 2015, 05:12:35 pm »
Or not for an extended time span anyway...damn....8 months left to NOT talk about it!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6029 on: 15 January, 2015, 05:18:15 pm »
The Current Mrs R is showing signs of softening, I've been banging on about the PBP intermittently for over 7 years so I've probably worn her down. It looks like she might be there to see me finish - I shall fall exhausted into her arms - how romantic!  It'll be tragic if I don't finish, even more tragic if I don't even qualify!

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #6030 on: 15 January, 2015, 07:05:53 pm »
True, its a logistical nightmare if you work full time and have kids, thats why I'm not doing it.

Good luck to you lot though.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6031 on: 15 January, 2015, 07:32:16 pm »
The Current Mrs R is showing signs of softening
The Current Mrs R had better be softening cos she's booked to spend 4 days in Paris with the Current Mrs H while we are peddling to the coast and back!
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #6032 on: 15 January, 2015, 07:36:52 pm »
Softening!  :o I thought it was all signed off and tickety boo. Massages all round, food waiting, and everything!
(perhaps not everything for most though)  ::-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6033 on: 18 January, 2015, 05:40:56 pm »
I'm keen to get out this Wednesday.  I still have to visit The Oddfellow's Arms (195 Springfield Rd, Chelmo) and tick it off in the GBG.  I have a previous Witham centric track that we could use.  Any thoughts?

« Reply #6034 on: 18 January, 2015, 05:53:45 pm »
Any thoughts?
I'm wondering how you're getting on with your B&M USB charging light and if you have any useful observations about it yet.  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6035 on: 18 January, 2015, 06:08:37 pm »
Yes ...

1. The beam pattern is much more useful than my previous B&M light
2. The high beam function adds very little value as it just appears to fill in the light field closest to you
3. USB charging works

Conclusion: it's a good bit of kit and I'd buy another.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #6036 on: 18 January, 2015, 07:26:52 pm »
I'm keen to get out this Wednesday.  I still have to visit The Oddfellow's Arms (195 Springfield Rd, Chelmo) and tick it off in the GBG.  I have a previous Witham centric track that we could use.  Any thoughts?

Ok, why not?  :thumbsup:

The Retiree

« Reply #6037 on: 19 January, 2015, 08:44:33 am »

I shall be partaking on Wednesday, I was going to suggest The Viper in Mill Green but having started to plot routes it could be a little too far for this time of year. The Oddfellows arms is another I can tick off my list however  :thumbsup:

The Retiree

« Reply #6038 on: 19 January, 2015, 08:49:46 am »
I also forgot to add that the MEMWNS trophy continues to rest proudly on the mantelpiece at the current time  :o  :thumbsup: :)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6039 on: 19 January, 2015, 09:28:02 am »
 ;D

It must be quite a talking point when friends and relatives pop round. Make sure you mention the link between the trophy and men you met on the internet. Bonus points if you can drop dogging into the conversation as well.

The Retiree

« Reply #6040 on: 19 January, 2015, 09:46:25 am »
;D

It must be quite a talking point when friends and relatives pop round. Make sure you mention the link between the trophy and men you met on the internet. Bonus points if you can drop dogging into the conversation as well.

Yes it certainly does, of course I had to be extremely careful whilst explaining what MEMWNS stood for whilst explaining to my in laws, particularly the part about 'meeting men' on the internet!  :o
I also didn't feel it was an appropriate moment to mention my username on the forum to them  ;)
I did however give them an depth explaination on how the trophy has been pieced together thus far, following Oaky's thorough explaination to my good self at The Compasses.  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6041 on: 19 January, 2015, 10:06:41 am »
We must do the California ride again. That was epic.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #6042 on: 19 January, 2015, 11:09:19 am »
We must do the California ride again. That was epic.

Comedy off-roading round Colchester
Pub stop + evening meal
Later pub stop
Misty dawn, somewhere in Suffolk
Greggs in Beccles for breakfast
Reedham Ferry
Hideous headwind across the flatlands beyond Lowestoft/Yarmouth
CALIFORNIA
Pub
Urban fun and games down the coast [gps related  ;D]
Pub
Campsite
Pub

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: indeed

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6043 on: 19 January, 2015, 11:17:26 am »
At some point this year I shall be building a new bike specifically for this sort of caper.

« Reply #6044 on: 19 January, 2015, 11:21:15 am »

I'm keen to join in but if the roads are frozen I'll probably just make my way home. I am attempting to reduce the Beer, increase the mileage and not fall asleep at my desk on Thursday so I might only have the one pint and then head off home....(Yeah Right!)

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #6045 on: 19 January, 2015, 07:37:19 pm »
Gritted routes to and from Chelmo are possible for us, of course, but this could be a long enough cold snap for me to be bothered to put the Marathon Winters on the mountain bike and snap, crackle and pop over via some lanes....

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6046 on: 20 January, 2015, 10:27:08 am »

I'm keen to join in but if the roads are frozen I'll probably just make my way home. I am attempting to reduce the Beer, increase the mileage and not fall asleep at my desk on Thursday so I might only have the one pint and then head off home....(Yeah Right!)
I'm very much not feeling it for this Wednesday  :-\
Afternoon showers followed by close to zero temperatures on Hamsterskins with an eta at the pub of about 10pm for a quick refreshment to head back isn't presenting itself as an attractive proposition right now.  Think I'll leave you to it and visit the warm & dry gym instead, then read accounts on Thursday of how much you all enjoyed yourselves.

The Retiree

« Reply #6047 on: 20 January, 2015, 11:47:26 am »

Afternoon showers followed by close to zero temperatures on Hamsterskins with an eta at the pub of about 10pm for a quick refreshment to head back isn't presenting itself as an attractive proposition right now.  Think I'll leave you to it and visit the warm & dry gym instead, then read accounts on Thursday of how much you all enjoyed yourselves.

Could we possibly bring your attention to Rules #5 & #9 Huggy  :o  ;D

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6048 on: 20 January, 2015, 11:54:57 am »

Could we possibly bring your attention to Rules #5 & #9 Huggy  :o  ;D
You can and I was expecting to be reminded, however I don't particularly fancy coming a cropper and putting myself out of action for a couple of months  :facepalm:  Cold I can deal with, dubious road surface I'm not so keen on and prefer to take full advantage of the gym membership, call it pragmatism  :P

The Retiree

« Reply #6049 on: 20 January, 2015, 11:56:03 am »
Weather report for tomorrow evening in case it twists your arm *please can I draw your attention to the ice percentage..........  :thumbsup:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/chelmsford/cm2-0/hourly-weather-forecast/328072?hour=41