Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1622305 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #1400 on: 22 February, 2012, 11:51:50 pm »
I can't sleep, again.
My knee aches, post physio, and the drugs (that I didn't want to take) aren't touching it.
I've been scraping along today because I didn't sleep last night and tomorrow will be hell (for everyone who falls within my sphere) if I don't sleep tonight.
I'm tired, I'm miserable and I hurt.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1401 on: 23 February, 2012, 12:03:58 am »
Hope that it improves, and that sleep turns up sooner rather than later fboab.

My grumble?  My mushroom soup and olive bread for tea was really tasty.  Which made it doubly annoying that I couldn't eat it all....

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1402 on: 23 February, 2012, 11:09:25 am »
My dear sir, you have a lovely, if SHOUTY bike.  And you ride very quickly with style and grace.  I am pleased by the support for Herne Hill your cap evidences, and I loved the insouciance you demonstrated by whistling as I passed, then storming away at speed.  From the repeated pattern, I get the idea you were just having lots of fun on the way to work, and you always gave space as you overtook.  And you actually stopped behind the line at every red light you encountered.

I was about to comment on all these positives, when you did that.  And, oh, that as well.  OK, now you've cleaned the tubes, you should be OK, but you did it all again at the next stop, then on the move.  Flipping heck, sir, if you need to get rid of so much mucus via every orifice, you should be in a TB ward.  I have a chest infection (as ever ::-) ), but I'm not repaving the streets of Sarf Landan with slime.

Just stop it, and I can go back to admiring your cool instead.
Getting there...

« Reply #1403 on: 23 February, 2012, 11:18:09 pm »
I'm feeling a cold coming on, so thought I'd have a nice, early night.   :thumbsup:

Courtesy of lovely next-door neighbour's teenager, I'm still awake.  Because she's playing her music at normal listening level in her room, which shares a wall with mine.  Which means that I'm also hearing it at normal listening level!   :facepalm:

This house really is crap when it comes to insulation...

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1404 on: 23 February, 2012, 11:40:51 pm »
Think I have whacky hormones again, all my joints have gone hurty and crap - back's been seized for a week.  Eating all the diclofenac isn't doing much except nuking my guts and I daren't risk mefenamic acid which works but makes me horribly vestibularly ill cos I have PLANZ on Saturday!  >:(

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #1405 on: 24 February, 2012, 03:30:50 pm »
Letting Agent : "The last tenant changed it to a prepaid meter to save money."

BG : "Yes we can change your meter it will take a while but don't worry because I have checked and there is no outstanding debt on the account."

BG : "Who are you and how did you get your meter changed if you are not the registered customer?"

Me : "Dunno."

BG : "There's a debt on that account you've been paying a higher rate for your electricity."

Me : " >:( >:( >:("

BG : "You are now the registered customer and here's a credit for the excess you have paid."

Me : "Thank you."

Thank you to Iain and I'm sorry I was a bit  >:(  but this whole place is turning into a grinding mess of down, down, down.

OI BG, WHERE'S MY CREDIT?

>:( >:( >:(

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #1406 on: 24 February, 2012, 03:33:10 pm »
OK, short phone call later and apparently there is a cheque waddling it's way to me. Should be here within 28 days, so watch out for this thread exploding on, hang on...

...23/03/12.

« Reply #1407 on: 24 February, 2012, 04:06:04 pm »
Boss: we've just driven from Wolverhampton to Blackburn & back and you didn't once use the inside lane of the motorway once even when it was obvious you should...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #1408 on: 24 February, 2012, 04:28:39 pm »
33 minutes.
Not that I'm counting, or anything.
O o o 32.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1409 on: 25 February, 2012, 11:08:54 pm »
Bugger.
Couldn't get to the Iplayer without seeing the score on the bbc main page.
Thanks bbc. :@
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1410 on: 26 February, 2012, 12:58:45 pm »
My knee is giving me some grief despite the fact that I've not ridden the bike for a couple of days & today I've only walked to the village & back :(

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1411 on: 26 February, 2012, 01:18:44 pm »
I've just bashed my head really rather hard on the door frame at the bottom of our stairs.  I don't seem to have grown substantially overnight, and there's no evidence of stealth ninja building works, so I'm not entirely sure how.

It really bloody hurts.  And no, I wasn't wearing a helmet.

???

« Reply #1412 on: 26 February, 2012, 01:40:51 pm »
My knee is giving me some grief despite the fact that I've not ridden the bike for a couple of days & today I've only walked to the village & back :(
I have much more knee trouble walking than cycling- it's even given way a couple of times. It's weight bearing, therefore more stress on the joint.
Have you had it properly checked out? Physio reckons we will be able to slow down the degradation with the right exercise and maybe orthotics, as well, obviously, as getting rid if the excess lard.
It's very easy to view arthritis as something that's never going to get better, but actually there's a lot you can do to stop it getting worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1413 on: 26 February, 2012, 01:45:57 pm »
I have much more knee trouble walking than cycling- it's even given way a couple of times.

+1 for that.  My knee has been substantially better since I got back into cycling, and I suspect that's as much because I'm walking less (the biomechanics are all wrong) as any improvement of tracking from strengthening the quads.  If I'm going to be carrying any kind of load, I'll use a bike by default these days.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1414 on: 26 February, 2012, 01:57:37 pm »
 Have you had it properly checked out?

No.
Being a practising coward I'm reluctant to let anyone other than marj prod & poke at my body.

The medical professionals I have come into contact with made a proper dogs breakfast of marj's knee surgery & two of my neighbours have also had knee replacements that have been problematical.

It's interesting that I rode to Stafford & back last week without problems during the ride.My knee did complain but only after an hour or so after returning home.
I did notice a sports physio place on the Stafford to Newport road  & elsewhere on the forum Giropaul has displayed  a link to someone/somewhere that I may investigate :-\

« Reply #1415 on: 27 February, 2012, 02:01:50 am »
That thing where you wake yourself up coughing so hard you think you're going to throw up?

Yeah.

That

:-\

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1416 on: 27 February, 2012, 10:43:10 am »
I've just bashed my head really rather hard on the door frame at the bottom of our stairs.  I don't seem to have grown substantially overnight, and there's no evidence of stealth ninja building works, so I'm not entirely sure how.

???

I tell you - doorframes are lethal.

Wear a helmet any time you walk round the house, kids.
Getting there...

essexian

« Reply #1417 on: 27 February, 2012, 10:52:25 am »
To the person who gave SWMBO the flu last week, Ta.... I had a miserable weekend with her snotting all over the place and generally being miserable. If you have the flu, then DON'T GO OUT AND SPREAD IT ABOUT!!!!

To my lovely lady.... many thanks for donating it to me now....sniff.... I have a meeting in that London tomorrow I have to go and piles of work to do so can not afford to have time off....sniff....  I am going to see if I can do the meeting over the phone instead and stay wrapped up warm in my office/garden shed.

And Boss, ta for saying I can have today off but its not practical is it. Sniff.  :facepalm:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1418 on: 27 February, 2012, 02:07:45 pm »

???

I tell you - doorframes are lethal.

Wear a helmet any time you walk round the house, kids.

I spent most of yesterday feeling distinctly 'off' and Not Riding My Bike.  Am okay now, apart from the painful squishy lump on my head.

I reckon the accident was caused by swerving to avoid a pile of stuff on the "to go upstairs" step, overcompensating, and falling forwards from the extreme right-hand edge of the first cornery step.  (This makes sense if you can see it.)

Pile of stuff duly moved.  I'm all about health & safety me.  If not tidying up (it got moved to the dining room table, rather than up the stairs).

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1419 on: 27 February, 2012, 04:08:45 pm »
You could have avoided having to move the pile of stuff if you'd have just worn a helmet from now on though.
Tin foil lined, natch. ;)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1420 on: 28 February, 2012, 04:05:24 pm »
Won't see bobb again till April. Stupid leap days making it even longer away.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #1421 on: 29 February, 2012, 12:04:11 pm »
The sleeper no longer does breakfast - just a cup of tea/coffee with a stick of shortbread.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1422 on: 29 February, 2012, 12:06:20 pm »
:( That's a bit disappointing.
Getting there...

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #1423 on: 29 February, 2012, 12:42:42 pm »
You used to get an airline style thingy. Roll, yoghurt with museli, cup of tea/coffee/fruit juice.

Bit sad really.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1424 on: 29 February, 2012, 01:12:25 pm »
Socks are dangerous.  While donning my left sock this morning, teetering on one foot like a circus elephant, I fell over and biffed my nut on the stair rail.  The one that I never did get round to removing the sharp edges from.

Unfortunately the resulting graze was not sufficiently serious to warrant a return to bed ???
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime