Author Topic: King's Cross Bike Storage  (Read 1559 times)

blackpuddinonnabike

King's Cross Bike Storage
« on: 27 May, 2008, 04:59:10 pm »
Looks like we're getting the sleeper to London for a trip in July. My plan had been to take the bike in a bike bag to smuggle into the hotel room.

The I noticed that King's Cross apparently has 'bike storage' on a couple of platforms. Is this secure storage? Just wondered if it might be easier keeping the bike in one piece (also means I don't have to dismantle it or buy a bike bag). But it might go a couple of days without me checking on it...

Re: King's Cross Bike Storage
« Reply #1 on: 27 May, 2008, 05:01:11 pm »
Looks like we're getting the sleeper to London for a trip in July. My plan had been to take the bike in a bike bag to smuggle into the hotel room.

The I noticed that King's Cross apparently has 'bike storage' on a couple of platforms. Is this secure storage? Just wondered if it might be easier keeping the bike in one piece (also means I don't have to dismantle it or buy a bike bag). But it might go a couple of days without me checking on it...

When I was there with a bike for the Tour de France last July, the bike storage was some Sheffield stands half way up one platform. Not guarded, and IMO not secure.

rae

« Reply #2 on: 27 May, 2008, 05:06:58 pm »
Noooooooooooo...........

« Reply #3 on: 27 May, 2008, 05:07:05 pm »
not secure at all.  I wouldnt, even for a day although if it's not too bling you could be OK.

take it to the hotel and ask to put it in the left luggage room - I've done it several times and it's never been an issue.

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #4 on: 27 May, 2008, 05:08:21 pm »
Righto. Thought it might have been locking cabinet type things or summat.

Erm, the hotel 'aint fancy (given I'm with the guys rather than Mel) and doesn't have left luggage - and they are unequivocal about the lack of anywhere to keep a bike - hence the bike bag smuggling option.

« Reply #5 on: 27 May, 2008, 07:10:46 pm »
Hand it in at the lost property at the Station and then claim it back when your leaving.  :)
I've always wondered if this would work instead of using a left luggage locker but have neither been confident or Scrooge like enough to try.

« Reply #6 on: 27 May, 2008, 07:13:32 pm »
actually, there is a left luggage place, but it's not cheap (I think it was over ten quid / day) and I've no idea if they take bikes...

Contact Us - Excess Baggage

worth a try!