Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 280907 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.
« Reply #1700 on: 05 September, 2021, 11:24:18 am »
Write a strongly-worded letter to The Times.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Re: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.
« Reply #1701 on: 06 September, 2021, 07:23:50 am »
My desk fan was retrieved from hibernation yesterday  ::-)

« Reply #1702 on: 06 September, 2021, 08:03:07 am »
It’s a mere 14c here. Cloudy with showers and more yellow leaves than yesterday.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #1703 on: 07 September, 2021, 02:54:23 pm »
30C here now (Cambridge).

I'm carrying insulation and metabolism suitable for the Hebrides.

It is possible I might die of heat exhaustion.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1704 on: 07 September, 2021, 03:01:46 pm »
Absolutely prime broken leg weather this...

« Reply #1705 on: 07 September, 2021, 03:13:46 pm »
26C in Liverpool.   I've got the doors & windows open & the curtains closed. 

I'm off camping next week.  I hope the weather stays nice.   
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1706 on: 07 September, 2021, 03:36:57 pm »
30 here. I generally enjoy hot weather, but this is 2 degrees or so above my comfort level.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #1707 on: 07 September, 2021, 05:27:40 pm »
Currently showing 27°C in the shade - but I maintain my temp. sensor overdoes it by a little bit.

« Reply #1708 on: 07 September, 2021, 05:29:03 pm »
It is only 22 here, but the wind is gusting to about 40mph.
This is not fun in a caravan.
The view’s not bad though. Carn Brea one way and the sea the other.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1709 on: 07 September, 2021, 07:21:33 pm »
Apparently it will be 20° all night here.  :-\
That's going to need a shower every hour on the hour.
Wish good luck to Mrs B with her 9am zoom.  It's possible that I won't be appearing with brown drink at 8am.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1710 on: 07 September, 2021, 11:45:06 pm »
Up to 34 degrees in the Estate Office by the time I knocked off for me tea but had dropped to a balmy 31.5 after giving the Babbage-Engine's graphics card a two and a half hour break.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1711 on: 07 September, 2021, 11:45:32 pm »
Maximum of 27.3°C at the Baggery. Warmer than anything August had to offer.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1712 on: 08 September, 2021, 12:09:31 am »
Absolutely prime broken leg weather this...

I won't be having the broken leg, but we've now confirmed A Plan that involves me waiting for a several of hours in an examination room on the ADCU, so that I may be promptly summoned to Recovery in order to facilitate communication with barakta at the crucial moment.

I'm predicting that it will be  a) severely underventilated  and  b) a Faraday cage.  So if I don't update this post tomorrow to moan about (a), you can be reasonably confident of (b).

With any luck the heat-wave will be over by the time barakta regains proper control of her body temperature.

« Reply #1713 on: 08 September, 2021, 02:09:10 am »
Sending love & cooling thoughts to the pair of you, and inspiration to the surgeons.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #1714 on: 08 September, 2021, 11:27:54 pm »
To my complete and utter surprise, I got rained on a few minutes ago when I took the garden waste wheelie bin outside.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1715 on: 09 September, 2021, 01:28:40 am »
It was binning down earlier in E17, though this hasn’t actually made the place noticeably cooler.  34+ degrees in the Estate Office again before I decided that exploring a virtual Wyoming can wait.

« Reply #1716 on: 09 September, 2021, 12:49:38 pm »
Just seen the first gritting lorry of the winter.

« Reply #1717 on: 09 September, 2021, 03:35:15 pm »
Some rumbles of thunder about 30 minutes ago , followed by big, fat,slow raindrops.  Then it stopped,  and now it's properly hooching down. 

« Reply #1718 on: 09 September, 2021, 06:42:04 pm »
Just got a severe weather warning. The apocalypse is between 2000 and 2300 hours.
Move Faster and Bake Things

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1719 on: 12 September, 2021, 05:30:13 pm »
It was wet.

IMG_8922_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah

« Reply #1721 on: 25 September, 2021, 03:04:47 pm »
Weird day today, no wind whatsoever, very inert. Still, enjoyed sitting and eating lunch outside, probably for the last time until next May.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #1722 on: 27 September, 2021, 10:04:15 am »
In the South East the temp seems to have jumped from the low 20s last week to high 10s this week and next.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #1723 on: 27 September, 2021, 10:18:55 am »
Quite autumnal this morning: very windy, grey and rather damp. It looks wetter than it is. It's not cold though: 17°C. Cooler than it has been, but then every day this month has seen a maximum temperature of 18.9°C or higher.

Yesterday I drove through a rainstorm about a mile from home. There was, for a brief period, more water than the drains could cope with. The machine on my roof measured a mere 1.6mm in that 30-minute period. I reckon 10 times that fell where I was driving. A couple of miles further on and the roads were dry again.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1724 on: 27 September, 2021, 12:13:00 pm »
I got caught in the rain today. Had gone out without a coat. Short rain with blue sky either side but cold. Have now admitted autumn: got home and trousered up. Not Hopefully the shorts will get at least one more wear before October.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.