Author Topic: Control/sleep advice  (Read 4359 times)

Re: Control/sleep advice
« Reply #25 on: 04 August, 2019, 09:29:50 pm »
Oh showers.

Are towels and toiletries provided? Or do I need to factor these into my packing list?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #26 on: 04 August, 2019, 09:31:02 pm »
Sometimes they are provided but figure that they aren’t and be pleasantly surprised.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #27 on: 05 August, 2019, 08:10:00 am »

« Reply #28 on: 09 August, 2019, 12:15:15 pm »
My plan is to bring my down jacket that I bought from Decathlon for about £30 and a pair of warm leggings. That's what I did for the Trans Alba from what I'd learned from using a sleeping bag on Trans Atlantic Way.
When I woke up, all warm and cosy in my sleeping bag, I didn't fancy going out into the cold very much and didn't enjoy packing away y sleeping bag, sometimes while shivering. And it took a few miles to get warm.
But on Trans Alba, I used a down jacket and leggings. They are lighter and take up less space than my sleeping bag but are pretty much just as warm. Plus my arms and legs aren't restrained. Easier to put on a coat than crawl into a sleeping bag too. But best of all. When I wake up, I can stay warm! Just get on my bike wearing my coat and get going until I feel so warm that I want to take off the extra layers.
Just need somewhere sheltered if it rains and something comfortable to lay on.
Though, I'd still use a sleep control if that option is best and is available.
It's also very handy to have a warm coat anyway.

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #29 on: 11 August, 2019, 04:55:10 pm »
I took a tent, had a shower before sleeping 8hrs/ night, did my laundry in the shower and cruised round at the back in group X.

I found it a nice way to ride PBP and avoid all the drama. Can't be doing with all that riding through the night stuff, YMMV however

Top tip.

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #30 on: 11 August, 2019, 05:05:19 pm »
I took a tent, had a shower before sleeping 8hrs/ night, did my laundry in the shower and cruised round at the back in group X.

I found it a nice way to ride PBP and avoid all the drama. Can't be doing with all that riding through the night stuff, YMMV however

Top tip.

(click to show/hide)

Carhaix?

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #31 on: 11 August, 2019, 05:14:35 pm »
Could be.

The one with the right turn and a Von Broad stalling slope to get into it.

simonp

« Reply #32 on: 11 August, 2019, 05:36:16 pm »
That sounds more like Loudeac. Twisty track laid out up to the control.

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #33 on: 11 August, 2019, 05:50:12 pm »
I think that's the one.

Great big shed of a place with blinding fluorescent lights, full of the living dead I seem to remember.