Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo  (Read 9882 times)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo
« Reply #25 on: 14 December, 2013, 01:35:36 pm »
Not my favourite football personality (as it were); but he's very good on the ball, and possibly one of the all time greats.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #26 on: 13 October, 2016, 06:33:05 pm »
From Yahoo Sport:

Cristiano Ronaldo has the mental age of a 12-year-old, according to former Manchester United teammate Mads Timm, though he believes the Real Madrid star benefits from his selfishness.

Timm spent six years at Old Trafford from 2000, but made just one first-team appearance, coming on against Maccabi Haifa in the Champions League and had loan spells at Viking, Lyn and Walsall before his departure.

The Dane may not have had a prosperous spell at United, but he remembers sharing a dressing room with Ronaldo and pointed out the Portugual international's self-centered mentality.

"He's completely indifferent to the collective side of the game," Timm wrote in his biographyRed Devil."It was 'me, me, me'. Today, after so much success, he can still get annoyed when one of his team mates scored instead of him.

"Mentally, he reminds me of when I was a 12-year-old. I think he doesn't care what people think of him and that's one of the reasons why he has been able to survive in professional football."

But Timm, 31, was in awe of Ronaldo's confidence and said he struggled whenever he came up against the three-time Ballon d'Or winner in training.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #27 on: 14 October, 2016, 10:57:03 am »
Ronaldo was 18 when he signed for United, understandable if he was immature.

If you hear his United colleagues talk about him they almost always say they never saw anyone train as hard or anyone more focused on becoming the best.
He became the best.

He strikes me as amazingly well-rounded considering who and what he is.

Like Messi, and other greats, he operates at a different level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD2NhMPPuf0
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #28 on: 30 June, 2017, 08:03:08 am »
Ronaldo confirms he is father of twins after Portugal defeat

Hours after he captained Portugal to semi-final defeat in the Confederations Cup in Russia, Cristiano Ronaldo has announced the birth of twins.

What a strange game that must have been.  :o
Move Faster and Bake Things

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #29 on: 15 February, 2018, 10:31:30 pm »
Ronaldo has now scored more goals, himself, than all the players from 118 of the 137 teams to ever compete in the Champions league.

117 Goals in total.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #30 on: 26 February, 2019, 10:17:39 am »
Just thought I'd mention that Messi now has 50 hat-tricks !!!

If you're a football fan then here they all are...

https://youtu.be/4tiVpETLWms

It's clear, when watching him, that he sees things differently to other players.  He's operating in the Matrix, where everyone else is in slow-motion.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #31 on: 27 February, 2019, 10:06:26 pm »
Where can I find them if i’m Not a football fan? (Slopes off to pedants’ corner). ;)
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.