Author Topic: Rent!  (Read 1810 times)

Si

Rent!
« on: 26 September, 2010, 12:23:00 pm »
They've announced the rent increases for us.

From £22 up to £78 by 2012-13.   £78 is probably still pretty good value for what we get, but the sudden rise is a little bit of a shock to the system.

Story on the news recently about a site on the other side of the city where they have gone up to over £300.  Ah well, so much for getting the population to be more healthy via GYOing on allotments.

Is yours on the up?

Re: Rent!
« Reply #1 on: 26 September, 2010, 01:51:20 pm »
That's some hike.

We normally get our bill around this time of the year. Ours is about £12 I think, partly because our plot is smaller; some land was lost to build a service road. I think the full rent should be £20.

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #2 on: 26 September, 2010, 01:56:37 pm »
I suspect that the coming council austerity budgets will result in lot of rent hikes over the next few years.

Fighting them is unlikely to be successful but it might be a useful opportunity to push for more provision - either on site facilities or more allotments.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3 on: 26 September, 2010, 02:57:53 pm »
Our rent, which we have yet to pay - bill due this month, is an 'eyewatering' £12 per annum....  :smug:

It's gone up!  :o

To a whole £14 per year.   ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #4 on: 26 September, 2010, 11:18:03 pm »
Is yours on the up?

Our allotments were run by Gardens and parks, about £20 per annum.
Council went unitary and allotments went to Commercial threatened rise to £200 until the allotment act was put in front of them. Now allotments are run by parish councils at peppercorn rents. About £30 guaranteed for the next ten years.

« Reply #5 on: 10 October, 2010, 04:24:13 pm »
£80 up from £40 in a year...College land and it's still a bargain, and helps hold off development pressures.

robbo6

« Reply #6 on: 10 October, 2010, 08:24:56 pm »
Mine, when I had it, was £zero per annum. Just had to do a bit of work on the surrounding flower gardens.