Author Topic: Single, Double and Triple Reservoir Challenges: 100, 160 & 200 km options.  (Read 2059 times)

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
I have published my set of 3 Reservoir Challenge rides for April 30th next year. Last run in in 2015 they all start from the Joan Strong Centre in Oundle and finish at the George Inn 2km from the parking available at the start.

Pedal Castro

Re: Triple Reservoir Challenge 200
« Reply #1 on: 28 March, 2023, 11:17:42 am »
One month to go so time to start promoting to local clubs/groups. Currently up to 40 riders across all three distances which covers VH costs so looking good for my first organised events.

Three events, all starting from the Joan Strong Centre, Oundle and finishing at the George PH, 1.6 km from the start. Toilets and free long stay car parking at the start.
All events are £5.50 for Audax UK and CTC members, £7:50 for non members, enter via the audax.uk website links below. Route sheets and gpx files will be emailed to entrants approx 2 weeks before the event.

Enter before Sat 18th April to be guaranteed a place as after this date only a limited number of places (5) will available.

Triple Reservoir Challenge: 206 km 8am start, finish control open 14:52-21:30
https://www.audax.uk/event-details/10103-triple_reservoir_challenge
23 entries to date

Double Reservoir Challenge: 165 km 8:30 start, finish control open 14:00-19:30
https://www.audax.uk/event-details/10111-double_reservoir_challenge
5 entries to date

Single Reservoir Challenge: 104 km 9am start, finish control open 12:28-15:56
https://www.audax.uk/event-details/10110-single_reservoir_challenge
11 entries to date

Pedal Castro

Well that was a very successful event(s). 91 entrants in all but a bit surprised at the no show numbers in the 200, almost 50%!

Great work from Canardly and Chris (notp) manning the controls, and Mrs PC for a tremendous cake spread at the finish.

Note to self, run the Single Reservoir Challenge on a separate day then I won't have to spend 9 hours in the pub for the finish control.  ;D

Oh bugger, missed that this was running. Especially irritating as I spent the day doing very little at a point half-way between the start and end. Will look out for it next year.

Well done for reinstating the event, PC!
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

A most enjoyable day out on the 100k on a lovely spring-like day.  Warm and sunny all day with a tailwind on the longer section heading north to Wansford which was a lovely part of the ride.

Have been struggling with enthusiasm a lot this year (something to do with the weather!) but this really helped a lot.

The cakes at the finish were well worth waiting for and were delicious.

Many thanks for organising and even more thanks to whoever made those cakes.

Very pleased to hear the event went well - perhaps I'll get there if you run it next year?

(I remember Pitsford Res being built, and the day a group of cyclists decided it would be a good idea to walk around the perimeter after their picnic lunch...)

Pedal Castro

This year's events are a little later, Sat 1 June for the 160 and 200, I might do the 100 on the same day but not sure yet. First entry came in yesterday which prompted me to start the promotion effort.  ;D