Author Topic: ACP awards ceremony  (Read 979 times)

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
ACP awards ceremony
« on: 15 January, 2024, 11:40:45 am »
I've received an invite to the ACP awards ceremony, should I interpret that as being on the list of those receiving awards? (I did apply for randonneur 10,000) or would this just be a generic email that goes to everyone on their mailing list?

it seems like the last time I got such an email was when i was awarded randonneur 5,000. So I guess my application is successful.

over £200 return on the eurostar though, and similar to fly

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
Re: ACP awards ceremony
« Reply #1 on: 15 January, 2024, 12:23:38 pm »
I got an invitation as well even though I didn't apply for an award. But I did finish PBP, maybe they're sending an invite to all PBP riders?

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #2 on: 15 January, 2024, 01:19:10 pm »
hmm

as I expect never to collect a R10,000 award again, it might have been worth the journey (and have a nice weekend in Paris), but less tempting if I get there and I find I am not a recipient.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3 on: 15 January, 2024, 01:36:01 pm »
hmm

as I expect never to collect a R10,000 award again, it might have been worth the journey (and have a nice weekend in Paris), but less tempting if I get there and I find I am not a recipient.

The one time I attended ACP's AGM some years back, various awards were handed out in a little ceremony. Expect to share your moment on the stage. Let ACP know ahead of time if you plan to collect your award in person.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Flâneur

• ♫ P*nctured bicycle on a hillside desolate...
« Reply #4 on: 15 January, 2024, 02:41:09 pm »
I got an invite as well. PBP is the only way ACP would have my details, so it's for nothing more specific than that.

« Reply #5 on: 15 January, 2024, 03:51:46 pm »
FYI I finished PBP out of time but received this email as well - I think it must have gone out to everyone who participated this year.

« Reply #6 on: 16 January, 2024, 06:42:28 pm »
This is a general meeting, held every year by the ACP. The afternoon session is public, anyone can come. Only a small group of people have the awards to merit a call forward. If you're one of them, and you're not there, usually your national representative will stand in for you.
Still, it's a nice event to visit.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #7 on: 23 January, 2024, 05:03:44 pm »
This is a general meeting, held every year by the ACP. The afternoon session is public, anyone can come. Only a small group of people have the awards to merit a call forward. If you're one of them, and you're not there, usually your national representative will stand in for you.
Still, it's a nice event to visit.
Yes, I'm not worried about losing the award, but the cost of travelling to Paris for a weekend is easier to justify if I were collecting an award. in 2020 I had an email, and I had an award but also I had completed PBP in 2019. In 2012,2022 and 2023 I did not get an email. Now I have an email and I claimed an award, and also started, but did not finish PBP. So It seems I could be receiving the email as part of "closing PBP 2023" or due to being a recipient.
hmm

The one time I attended ACP's AGM some years back, various awards were handed out in a little ceremony. Expect to share your moment on the stage. Let ACP know ahead of time if you plan to collect your award in person.
How can I let them know I intend to collect my award in person, when I cannot ascertain if they even plan on giving me an award? Seems a bit presumptuous to email saying "I will attend to collect my award" when I may or may not be on the list, and I don't even know who to notify.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #8 on: 23 January, 2024, 05:11:12 pm »
Be presumptuous.

Jean-Gualbert Faburel is a good person to ask. jg.faburel@audax-club-parisien.com
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...