Author Topic: Pinarello Prince  (Read 1624 times)

dat

Pinarello Prince
« on: 15 January, 2021, 05:58:59 pm »
I’ve been a chef for my whole life but two months ago bagged a job as a bike mechanic at a local bike shop (best job I’ve ever had!)

I’ve always ridden “affordable” bikes because of limited budget. I now have the fortune to get things at trade pricing. I walk past the road bikes upstairs most days and the Pinarello Prince (2020) in pink keeps catching my eye.

Has anyone here had one? I’m worried that it may be too harsh.

Re: Pinarello Prince
« Reply #1 on: 16 January, 2021, 11:55:26 am »
There have been several generations of Prince. Is it full carbon?
Generally, I don’t think that Pinarello have changed their race frame geometry much over the last few years. My impression, having ridden a few, but not the most recent ones, is that they are good handling, agile frames. I wouldn’t expect it to be any more “ harsh” than any other race frame, from any other manufacturer.
If it’s in your shop then at least it’s not a fake - there are a lot about. Keep all the documentation, if you decide to sell it on at some point that will be highly useful.

« Reply #2 on: 16 January, 2021, 12:35:06 pm »
You'll probably want to budget for new wheels also  ;)
The sound of one pannier flapping

dat

« Reply #3 on: 16 January, 2021, 06:29:41 pm »
I will buy some carbon wheels in 6 months or so.

dat

« Reply #4 on: 17 January, 2021, 06:20:20 am »
Well, I’ve gone for it. It’ll be mine to collect next shift (Tuesday). I also got handed my contract yesterday ending my trial period, so good news all round.

« Reply #5 on: 17 January, 2021, 08:15:49 am »
This ought to be moved to the good news thread, that is assuming this is kosher. Stating the bleedin obvious, make sure the bike fits. Never ridden a Pinarello, only seen them. Enjoy your cycling days on it

dat

« Reply #6 on: 18 January, 2021, 09:32:04 am »
I’ve bit the bullet and gone for it along with some new 3t superleggera handlebars (I don’t like compact bars) and toying with grabbing a berk saddle. We’re shut today but I’ll get it tomorrow.

dat

« Reply #7 on: 25 January, 2021, 12:48:34 pm »
Wow

« Reply #8 on: 25 January, 2021, 01:01:39 pm »
Reckon you should have gone for a gravel bike. That road looks a tad rough

dat

« Reply #9 on: 25 January, 2021, 01:03:22 pm »
I built a Pinarello Gravil the other day, the most ugly bike I’ve ever seen

« Reply #10 on: 25 January, 2021, 01:05:30 pm »
Fantastic!  Nothing like a new bike for a burst of motivation.  Enjoy the rides (and the new job!).
The sound of one pannier flapping

dat

« Reply #11 on: 07 March, 2021, 12:36:30 pm »
Just clocked over 1,000miles on it now. All commuting other than 2 rides (one 50miles and one 20mile). Best bike I’ve owned!