Author Topic: GPS perm validation  (Read 2445 times)

Martin

GPS perm validation
« on: 05 April, 2019, 04:49:13 pm »
apparently you can now select GPS or paper validation when you enter a perm,

Is this on the new website only?

Re: GPS perm validation
« Reply #1 on: 05 April, 2019, 04:58:09 pm »
The Enter button on the new website takes you straight to the old website*, so it can't have its own functionality.

(* and will do for the foreseeable as an entry system for the new website isn't even on any roadmap)

Martin

« Reply #2 on: 05 April, 2019, 05:01:36 pm »
Thanks I just tried it

« Reply #3 on: 05 April, 2019, 05:43:53 pm »
...an entry system for the new website isn't even on any roadmap

Jesus wept 
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #4 on: 05 April, 2019, 09:50:20 pm »
That probably explains why I ended up with a traditional entry to Le Tour de Neuf Chevaux Blancs rather than the GPS version.  Still I rather like the odd conversations in out of the way places, especially on a ride where this an additional objective rather than an abstract distance to talk about.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 571 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

AJB

« Reply #5 on: 06 April, 2019, 12:07:36 pm »
Martin

The organiser of the Perm needs to have their ride registered to allow GPS validation first.

I’ve managed to get this done for my Hailsham Liss and Pulborough Reading 200 by contacting Peter Lewis, plus in process of getting my remaining 200 done.

However yet to get such an entry I can GPS validate officially

Anton

rob

« Reply #6 on: 10 April, 2019, 11:01:33 am »
Think there's a bug when you enter a 'Traditional' DIY.   You go to the DIY page and hit enter using the correct form but the message comes back :-

"the following entry for a DIY with GPX validation ride has just been submitted from the AUK website.

Other Information : "

Fortunately, when I drop manotea a message he books it as traditional.

Martin

« Reply #7 on: 10 April, 2019, 11:18:17 am »
Think there's a bug when you enter a 'Traditional' DIY.   You go to the DIY page and hit enter using the correct form but the message comes back :-

"the following entry for a DIY with GPX validation ride has just been submitted from the AUK website.

IIRC from my days as DIY Org it's always done that; i think you were supposed to enter paper DIY's by post, but I accepted the GPS entries for paper cards

rob

« Reply #8 on: 10 April, 2019, 11:22:13 am »

IIRC from my days as DIY Org it's always done that; i think you were supposed to enter paper DIY's by post, but I accepted the GPS entries for paper cards

I *think* there used to be a drop down on the form that allowed you to choose, but that doesn't seem to be there any more.

I only do 2 or 3 a year so it's hard to remember.   I've only just started to navigate by GPS so moving to validating rides by GPS is still a bit of a way off.

Martin

« Reply #9 on: 10 April, 2019, 11:56:32 am »

I *think* there used to be a drop down on the form that allowed you to choose, but that doesn't seem to be there any more.

I only do 2 or 3 a year so it's hard to remember.   I've only just started to navigate by GPS so moving to validating rides by GPS is still a bit of a way off.

i think the drop down is to buy the cards, there was only one entry form (identical wording to the paper form so I accepted it)

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #10 on: 10 April, 2019, 01:18:00 pm »
I got in a mess on AukWeb when ordering a card for the Borders Hills 200 late last year; and ended up submitting for GPS based validation instead of the card I wanted.
However that's because I went to the paypal page for GPS validation then backed out.

« Reply #11 on: 10 April, 2019, 06:42:02 pm »
Given that you can order DIY virtual brevet cards in bulk - well, three at a time now anyway (didn't there used to be a more-than-three option also?) - do you know if there's any way to find out of you have any unspent virtual brevet cards?

Martin

« Reply #12 on: 10 April, 2019, 06:57:31 pm »
Given that you can order DIY virtual brevet cards in bulk - well, three at a time now anyway (didn't there used to be a more-than-three option also?) - do you know if there's any way to find out of you have any unspent virtual brevet cards?

That's odd I ordered 6 last time but it was a while ago

Manotea lets you know but other than that don't know how. I used to keep a spreadsheet. I think it's ok to go into debt as long as you buy some more after the entry

« Reply #13 on: 10 April, 2019, 07:12:42 pm »
That's odd I ordered 6 last time but it was a while ago

Thank you!

I *thought* I'd bought six before but my geriatric memory plays tricks with me so I wasn't sure.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #14 on: 10 April, 2019, 09:17:17 pm »
Yeah I had been buying sixes, my own notes diverged from my DIY Organizers due to surprise surprise me doing something stupid on AUKWeb... and I was 2 down without realizing it.

« Reply #15 on: 12 April, 2019, 09:14:10 am »
The "Six for £16" option has been removed after the recent increase in the validation fees paid to AUK.

« Reply #16 on: 12 April, 2019, 09:30:20 am »
Huh? Why should an increase in price mean that you can now only be fewer?
Eddington Number = 132