Author Topic: Looking for a mentor!  (Read 762 times)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
Looking for a mentor!
« on: 09 March, 2024, 04:38:19 pm »
I've been nominated elected by my Club (Hadleigh CC) to apply to organise a BP this coming Autumn. This is something I'd been gently encouraging them to consider for a while, and now they've called me on it. I've been in touch with Steve Ogden (my regional organiser) who's sent me the forms, but to complete them I need a Mentor.

I've been a member for 11 years, and ridden a fair few Populaires over that time. I've helped out at one or two also. I've also been on the organising team of a number of smallish sportives, including the last 6 at HCC. I think this is something I can do justice to, and wonder if any of my local organisers would consider acting as my mentor for the application?

Re: Looking for a mentor!
« Reply #1 on: 10 March, 2024, 02:36:03 pm »
I'd suggest emailing a local organiser to ask. If it's one you've helped out on previous events then all the better. Good luck.
Started audax with LEL & SR in 2013. Currently working on fitness and trying for a RRtY in 2024. Event organiser, Arrivée photo contributor & LEL controller

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #2 on: 10 March, 2024, 04:13:23 pm »
I'd ping Andy Terry an email as he is a long time organsier covering that area.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #3 on: 11 March, 2024, 11:30:04 am »
Thanks chaps.