Author Topic: 28mm Tubeless tyre recommendations  (Read 716 times)

28mm Tubeless tyre recommendations
« on: 24 August, 2020, 09:33:32 am »
I've got Hutchinson sector 28s on my bike at the moment, only got them recently so just got dry summer miles so far.  I've heard they aren't so great in the wet and have just built a non-dynamo front wheel that I now need a tyre for so am considering other options.

Looking for something grippy and durable for about £30.  The Specialized Turbo 2Bliss sounded like they fitted the bill but everywhere seems to be out of stock.

Previous to going tubeless I was running vittoria rubino pro 25s which I was moderately happy with.

I know the choice of tubeless tyres has increased a lot recently so just wondering what current recommendations would be?
Up the hills and round the bends

Davef

Re: 28mm Tubeless tyre recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 24 August, 2020, 10:00:50 am »
I would definitely recommend the conti 5000 tl but they are currently about £40 each. I did get a pair for £65 in the winter.

I also run schwalbe pro ones and they seem very similar to ride, just less resilient

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2 on: 24 August, 2020, 10:13:56 am »
Another vote for Schwalbe Pro One - although I'm a relatively recent convert to tubeless - all my machines are shod with Schwalbe tyres.

« Reply #3 on: 24 August, 2020, 10:47:56 am »
Thanks, will check both of those out.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #4 on: 24 August, 2020, 10:51:26 am »
I run Hutchinson Fusion 5 Elevenstorm tubeless in both 25 and 28mm, and have been happy with them.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #5 on: 24 August, 2020, 11:29:25 am »
Just ordered the Fusion 5s, they sound like the tyre I'm looking for and reviews were good.  Found them at a good price and in stock at Merlin Cycles.   So many places seem to be sold out of 28mm tubeless tyres at the moment!