Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1718258 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14550 on: 15 April, 2020, 09:04:30 am »
And remind me how I find out what the password is  :-\

It might just be the name of the most influential Audax club in Essex.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #14551 on: 15 April, 2020, 09:43:18 am »
And remind me how I find out what the password is  :-\

Nope sorry, still don't get it  ???

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #14552 on: 15 April, 2020, 10:04:21 am »
Are you happy with interlopers from that London? We are probably free this evening ( checks calendar, day 23 of 84 at home!)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14553 on: 15 April, 2020, 10:10:38 am »
Are you happy with interlopers from that London? We are probably free this evening ( checks calendar, day 23 or 84 at home!)

Yes but you'll have to get through our massively OTT security.  Can someone get onto Bletchley Park or GCHQ and ask them to crack our password conundrum?  ::-)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14554 on: 15 April, 2020, 11:21:29 am »
... you'll have to get through our massively OTT security.  Can someone get onto Bletchley Park or GCHQ and ask them to crack our password conundrum?  ::-)

That club, twice, lower case if I recall correctly ... Lord Zoom to confirm?

As a suggestion to try something a bit different this evening, can we have a little game for a short time?

Top marks psyclist  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14555 on: 15 April, 2020, 11:22:35 am »
 ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14556 on: 15 April, 2020, 11:43:26 am »

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #14557 on: 15 April, 2020, 02:25:36 pm »
Back garden bivvy anyone?[=url]

Overnight temperature is a bit chilly, I even re lit the boiler (ancient technology, it even has a wick). So no thankyou to a garden bivvy.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14558 on: 15 April, 2020, 02:31:11 pm »
Back garden bivvy anyone?[=url]

Overnight temperature is a bit chilly, I even re lit the boiler (ancient technology, it even has a wick). So no thankyou to a garden bivvy.

Winter sleeping bag innit  ;D

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14559 on: 15 April, 2020, 05:57:06 pm »
Back garden bivvy anyone?

That was an idea that surfaced for Easter, though it's still pretty cold at night. Another lockdown task is to sort through loft stuff including camping gear, which might inspire me to give it a go. Got a few other garden & DIY jobs to do first though - they are going on in what was "cycling time" - I am also still working 4-5 days/week. Maybe this weekend?

« Reply #14560 on: 15 April, 2020, 08:46:21 pm »
I quite fancy riding through the autumn and winter regardless of the weather. 

We have some big cycling plans ... so I would like to exit the winter fitter than I’ve ever been and battle hardened.

My thoughts were that the emphasis was on cycling not drinking!

Tonight's quiz part 1 ... who wrote the above?

« Reply #14561 on: 15 April, 2020, 08:58:12 pm »
Can't make the ACME quiz tonight. Can remember the password, but can't get off phone calls....

Liquid gas tanks is tonight's subject...

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14562 on: 22 April, 2020, 11:21:33 am »
New for this week, Zoom Meeting passwords have been enforced, therefore the link is slightly different but the Meeting ID is the same number, just click this:
Meeting URL with password included for one-click joining    

With the addition of seekrit password to enter, may be needed if joining from your web browser without the Zoom client
(click to show/hide)

If you need to join from a device that you can't just click the link then, as before plus the seekrit above:

Mobile one-tap:   United Kingdom: +442034815240,,599902045#
                                              or +441314601196,,599902045#
                                              or +442034815237,,599902045#

Dial:             United Kingdom: +44 203 481 5240
                                         or +44 131 460 1196
                                         or +44 203 481 5237

Meeting ID:    599 902 045

The MEMWNS virtual bikes & beers meeting
Hello to all fellow social distancing cyclists and beer imbibers at least loosely located in the Mid-Essex area, or any where else in the world, all welcome!
Here is the link and telephone numbers to join our regular Wednesday evening event.  This is a recurring meeting so the link will remain the same for all Wednesday evenings.
If joining by telephone for audio purpose please use one of the direct dial numbers list below and not any freephone Zoom number you may know from elsewhere or the call me option - that would be very naughty and will lead to the hosting of this event to be ended.  It's better to use computer audio anyway, so do that!

Meeting URL:    https://mmc.zoom.us/j/599902045

Join by telephone
Mobile one-tap:   United Kingdom: +442034815240,,599902045#
                                              or +441314601196,,599902045#
                                              or +442034815237,,599902045#

Dial:             United Kingdom: +44 203 481 5240
                                         or +44 131 460 1196
                                         or +44 203 481 5237

Meeting ID:    599 902 045

No meeting password has been set so it's easy to join but if we see any Zoombombers I'll set a password and share with some other method than a public forum post.

If you have not joined a Zoom meeting before by computer you will be prompted to install the client software, or go here to download the Zoom Client for Meetings anytime.  If you don't want to download the free software and sign in to a free Zoom account that is fine, just click 'Join from your browser' instead on the web page that opens when you have clicked the link.
You can join by smartphone or iPad/Android tablet too, simply go to the mobile app store of your persuasion and download the free Zoom Meetings app.  Create a free Zoom account and click the link above or tap Join and enter the Meeting ID above.  When using the mobile app it will of course use your data plan if you are not connected to WiFi, so I recommend you connect to WiFi if you can.

As is the usual practice we shall 'ride' to the refreshment meeting.  Ride on your own, exercising suitable social distancing, and arrive around 9-ish with your own beverage(s) of choice and settle down for an evening of banter and chat.
Video conferencing doesn't work well if there are lots of people talking at the same time so if there are any side conversations that people want to take off to a breakout area and talk separately to the the main room that can be arranged, just return to the main room when you have finished your private chat or want the BB to go get your next virtual beer.

Hope to see you Wednesday evening about 9-ish.  (You can join anytime.)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14563 on: 22 April, 2020, 11:29:02 am »
Good job Cap'n Zoom!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14564 on: 22 April, 2020, 11:34:51 am »
I have a Beer Quiz game we may like to play this evening  :thumbsup:
There are 4 categories with either multi-guess or true/false answers.  You may like to prepare flash card type equipment with A,B,C,D and TRUE/FALSE to display your answers.  (If the Blue Peter prep is too much for you I'll accept you holding up the appropriate number of fingers for your selected answer or thumb up/down for true/false.)
I think 3 rounds in each category should be sufficient for about 40 minutes of quizzing fun, at the end of which the beer knowledge master will be awarded a virtual pint.  I have sufficient questions for a few weeks worth of beer quizzing that could be used in the absence of anything else  :)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14565 on: 22 April, 2020, 11:48:40 am »
There are 4 categories with either multi-guess or true/false answers.  You may like to prepare flash card type equipment with A,B,C,D and TRUE/FALSE to display your answers.  (If the Blue Peter prep is too much for you I'll accept you holding up the appropriate number of fingers for your selected answer or thumb up/down for true/false.)
I think 3 rounds in each category should be sufficient for about 40 minutes of quizzing fun, at the end of which the beer knowledge master will be awarded a virtual pint.  I have sufficient questions for a few weeks worth of beer quizzing that could be used in the absence of anything else  :)

I think I can guess which of us will want to prepare flashcards.  The remainder us are sufficiently Anglo Saxon to make do with hand gestures.

« Reply #14566 on: 22 April, 2020, 11:52:57 am »

Sounds good, although I suspect others have significantly more expertise on this subject

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14567 on: 22 April, 2020, 03:30:33 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Listen out for [non-Corona] coughing ...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14568 on: 22 April, 2020, 03:32:52 pm »

Cheating will not be tolerated!!!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14569 on: 22 April, 2020, 03:34:18 pm »

Cheating will not be tolerated!!!
it's only a virtual beer at stake, it's not like there's a million pounds on offer or anything like that  ::-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14570 on: 22 April, 2020, 03:37:17 pm »
 ;D

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14571 on: 22 April, 2020, 08:33:50 pm »
Just bumping this up to the top of the thread again in case anyone misses it, further details earlier if needed.

New for this week, Zoom Meeting passwords have been enforced, therefore the link is slightly different but the Meeting ID is the same number, just click this:
Meeting URL with password included for one-click joining    

With the addition of seekrit password to enter, may be needed if joining from your web browser without the Zoom client
(click to show/hide)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14572 on: 28 April, 2020, 04:20:41 pm »
What night are we doing virtual boss hoggs?
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14573 on: 28 April, 2020, 04:28:19 pm »
What night are we doing virtual boss hoggs?

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that.  Tomorrow night looks OK from a weather perspective.

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #14574 on: 30 April, 2020, 04:58:50 pm »
Hello all,

For any of the Wednesday night regulars that I haven't formally informed I am now a full time old fart retired.

Leaving do was a bit unusual , no speech, no pub, no bar bill (thankfully!). Did the leaving paperwork/signout with the manager by teams - I was in the office, he was working from home!

Looking forward to the proper world (PUBS!) restarting.

No problem with self isolating - as an audax rider and former time trial rider I have lots of practice at being an antisocial bastard social distancing.