Author Topic: Audax Club Hackney 'last Thursday of the month' drinks  (Read 28619 times)

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
Re: Audax Club Hackney 'last Thursday of the month' drinks
« Reply #75 on: 31 March, 2016, 01:48:55 pm »
As always, everybody and anybody welcome.  You don't have to be part of a spunky London based long distance cycling outfit to join us for cycle related chat, lashings of real ale and pickled eggs and cock-fighting

« Reply #76 on: 31 March, 2016, 11:14:03 pm »
Made up for the beers I missed on Saturday. :)

« Reply #77 on: 28 April, 2016, 05:00:09 pm »
This months beer will be flowing from The Jolly Butchers, Stoke Newington High Street after work and beyond.  This pub is a gem and has visible cycle storage all around it.  The beer and cider are world class and come in many varieties.  Punk IPA on tap as well as full range of 5-Points.  The pub also offers many intersting ciders of varying strengths as well as many cask ales.
All welcome to join us for pork scratchings related chat and bike

« Reply #78 on: 28 April, 2016, 06:27:14 pm »
These evenings do sound like a lot of fun, I must put in an appearance one day...

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #79 on: 17 May, 2016, 02:34:38 pm »
This month's session will be held at The Pride of Spitalfields - same rules as always

This pub is ace; especially in summer.  ESB for 3.50 a pint and plenty of lamp posts to lock your hipster sleds - I can't wait to show you my new one! 
Beer ahoy

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #80 on: 05 June, 2016, 03:19:22 pm »
Hey Folks
This months' installment has been moved to the third Thursday of the month by popular request.  Mile Pennies gets in the way and strong ACH contingent!

Join us at The Sebright Arms, Hackney
Thursday 23-Jun-2016
After work

I will be handing out The all-new ACH T-Shirt designed by Liane Plant so please confirm your attendance now to bagsie your spunky new cycle garm

best,
JX

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #81 on: 06 June, 2016, 09:11:47 pm »
Tempting....

H

« Reply #82 on: 20 July, 2016, 07:54:11 am »
This month's installment will be at The Fleetwood Arms - it's a Fullers Bar with a reserved ACH section. 

Mmmm, the smell of hops infused with GT-85 on a balmy summer's evening in the city with nothing to talk about except bikes.

As always, everybody is welcome  ;)

« Reply #83 on: 23 September, 2016, 09:22:53 am »
will there be an instalment of this useful training session next Thursday, and would it be acceptable to flog off a few books for charity?

« Reply #84 on: 23 September, 2016, 11:30:58 am »
After a hiatus in August, this will be happening on Thursday 29th September at the Clapton Hart.
Authors are permitted to sell their own books, though I'm not sure how many takers there will be for Cornell's Ocean Atlas.

“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

Hummers

« Reply #85 on: 23 September, 2016, 12:57:03 pm »
I won't be in Blighty however my agent will be presenting my novella for pre-orders.

H

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #86 on: 23 September, 2016, 08:28:06 pm »
After a hiatus in August, this will be happening on Thursday 29th September at the Clapton Hart.
Authors are permitted to sell their own books, though I'm not sure how many takers there will be for Cornell's Ocean Atlas.

It's 'an hiatus' surely?  Especially before a word beginning with a vowel
Ask the Boss please Ivy and do report back...

« Reply #87 on: 24 September, 2016, 11:42:32 am »
[It's 'an hiatus' surely?  Especially before a word beginning with a vowel

The Boss says "H is not a vowel. Sometimes however it is unaspirated, in which case if it is followed by a vowel you would use 'an'", 'owever I ain't dropping any haitches.
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

Hummers

« Reply #88 on: 24 September, 2016, 02:10:09 pm »

The Boss says "H is not a vowel. Sometimes however it is unaspirated, in which case if it is followed by a vowel you would use 'an'", 'owever I ain't dropping any haitches.

That learned you, innit  :smug:

H

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #89 on: 24 September, 2016, 06:23:20 pm »

I'll unaspirate you in a minute...

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #90 on: 24 September, 2016, 07:56:39 pm »
I'm aiming to meet my FTP at about 10AM

« Reply #91 on: 30 September, 2016, 03:23:24 pm »
Hello folks
Thanks to all who devoted so much of their 'last Thursday of the month' towards drinking ales and eating chorizo and prune sausage rolls.  Great to see some new faces as well as the usual miserable old ones.  ;) miserable old one T'was another top night with a more than commendable attendance.  A big thank you also to Kingston Wheelers Finest Audax writer and publisher The Right Honourable Laid Back Rich for his good cheer and signed copies of his coveted book.

Here's looking forward to the next top night in another Hackney boozer.  Please remember that all are invited; just bring enough locks; great big shiny ones

« Reply #92 on: 24 January, 2017, 09:24:21 am »
Happy New Year folks
This months installment will be at the Prince George in Dalson, Deepest Darkest Hackney
As always, anyone and everyone are welcome.  If you've been thinking about joining ACH or are alreday in a club an like th eidea of drinking related cycle chat to while away the miserable weather, there's always lots of cheer to be had in Hackney's finest watering holes.  Then ride a kebab home and spend Friday staring out of the window at work - th eperfect prepartioin for the weekend!

ACH X

« Reply #93 on: 24 January, 2017, 10:06:24 am »
Will try to swing by for one and to pick up my ACH cap as this is on my commute.

Also, I wanted to ask the ACH crew if there are any plans - or interest in planning - an AC Hackney LEL team or two? Would certainly be up for this.

« Reply #94 on: 24 January, 2017, 02:24:29 pm »
What sort of time should people get there?

« Reply #95 on: 24 January, 2017, 03:56:59 pm »
At beer o'clock.

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #96 on: 25 January, 2017, 09:31:18 am »
We certainly do have plans to get as large a rangale of ACH over the finnish line - The Mighty Bristols pipped us at the post on PBP but I'm confident that we'll give those Wurzle slackers a run for their money this time round; this is proper British Cycling afterall  ;)

PS We always arrive at Last Thursday of the Month Drinks - if you lare lucky enough to work locally and knock off early you'll normally catch a few of us proping up the bar whenever you arrive

« Reply #97 on: 25 January, 2017, 10:32:43 am »
this is proper British Cycling afterall  ;)

Not sure I like the sound of that, do you "run by men, for men"? Or do you mind collecting a package from the snooker club next to the Salisbury and bring it across town, no need to check its contents...

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #98 on: 27 January, 2017, 12:20:53 pm »
Annother Top night folks - very pleasing turnout too, despite the biting cold.  Next time I'm going to wear some thicker socks.

The Vedet Extra White Beer provided the perfect foundation for a a brief 'n' brisque stop off at Chicken Ways on the return journey to Castle ACH HQ Inc. The Stag's Head.  I'd like to call it 'Cock au Biere' but I am prevented from doing so becuase of the first rule of Audax Club Hackney being 'Never talk about, write about or photograph food.'

« Reply #99 on: 27 January, 2017, 12:27:59 pm »
Thanks very much to everyone who braved the cold to make this years' first LTotM Drinks such a cordial and rewarding occassion.  It was great to see the some new faces who still have happy partners and active social lives.  It was also great to see the same old tied and haggered faces with angry partners and no interest in anything else except which hub to choose next and waht do we callour Arrow team and shall we pick straws for who's geting the crib in the Travel Lodge room for the next ride and Anakin Eflingham was born in 1991  ;)