Linked Events

• AUDAX - Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300km | Bristol: 24 November, 2023 - 25 November, 2023

Author Topic: Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300 | 22:00 24th November 2023 | Bristol  (Read 26079 times)

Re: Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300 22:00 27th November 2020
« Reply #25 on: 21 January, 2021, 06:43:25 pm »
Fosse Way is fun, did it all from The Gibb to Cotswold Airport over the summer on fixed

I've done that section as well.  I'm impressed if you did the steep gravelly bit after the lake on fixie.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300 22:00 27th November 2020
« Reply #26 on: 21 January, 2021, 07:09:59 pm »
This was a bloody stupid event (apart from the Arrivée food of course).

It should become an annual tradition to announce the postponement, to which we all shrug and feign regret.

And of course the perm should be Nov-March only. The bastards won't even have to ride if it rains. pffft.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300 - 22:00 19th November 2021
« Reply #27 on: 19 August, 2021, 02:53:58 pm »
It is with great pleasure that once again Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300 is ready to go. An email has gone out to all those Eventseekers that signed up to the waiting list last year, you have priority entry. Otherwise general entry will open on Fri 3rd September.

Entry: www.gwraudax.co.uk/ms300
***currently only available to those that have received the email***

Re: Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300
« Reply #28 on: 03 September, 2021, 12:50:05 pm »
Hi.
I'm interested in booking a place if any are still available on this ride.
On the Auk website it says that entries open today and directs you to GWR Audax website.
Do I need to register for this website ?

Thanks
Owen
Old Enough to know better, young enough not to care.
Facebook, the toilet wall of the modern generation

« Reply #29 on: 04 September, 2021, 10:26:14 am »
Entries are now open to all.

Entry: www.gwraudax.co.uk/ms300

Do I need to register for this website?

Just enter using the booking form (additional data for the smooth running of the event; no spam or selling of your dietary preferences, av moving speed), you will be sent a password for future use and control of your data; just don't go deleting your account before the event!

« Reply #30 on: 08 October, 2021, 01:31:39 pm »
Capacity has been reached. I'm now running a waiting list which like in previous years you enter as normal, if a space becomes available you will automatically be added to the start list as if you had joined normally. If a space becomes available on or after Wednesday before the event you can turn it down. A full refund will then be given as well as to those that don't get a space.

Waiting List: www.gwraudax.co.uk/ms300

« Reply #31 on: 11 October, 2021, 09:09:32 pm »
Saw this in Poole Yesterday

Sneaky info control?

« Reply #32 on: 15 October, 2021, 09:20:14 am »
 :o  :thumbsup:

And from that search I've just discovered Moonraker Yachts of Parkstone Bay Marina.... where the breakfast control Lilliput Sea Scouts are!

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #33 on: 15 October, 2021, 11:39:07 pm »
well I'm in that london for an exam the thursday before, and when I looked at the calendar I thought, aye why not it's "just along the road"...
then realized that it's on waiting list and that I'd end up in Glasgow on a Sunday on the way back, and there's no trains in Scotland on Sundays just now.
Next year maybe.

« Reply #34 on: 16 October, 2021, 05:47:33 pm »
well I'm in that london for an exam the thursday before, and when I looked at the calendar I thought, aye why not it's "just along the road"...
then realized that it's on waiting list and that I'd end up in Glasgow on a Sunday on the way back, and there's no trains in Scotland on Sundays just now.
Next year maybe.

There are a few perms not far from London if you are looking to get a ride in on the Friday before returning.   There’s also the London Sightseer , though not available as a perm. Someone might be able to provide a route.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #35 on: 16 October, 2021, 07:20:34 pm »
Next year maybe.

There are a few perms not far from London if you are looking to get a ride in on the Friday before returning.   There’s also the London Sightseer , though not available as a perm. Someone might be able to provide a route.

I thought about it, then decided that travelling with a bike is a level of faff I can't be arsed with when I've got a very late arrival the night before the exam.
Also considered doing it a week earlier and catching Salt and Cotswolds on the way back up but then I realized it clashed with something I already had on, that's another one I'm thinking I wouldn't mind travelling down specifically to do.

« Reply #36 on: 14 November, 2021, 01:32:54 pm »
Several riders have informed me over the last few weeks they are unable to ride. As such the waiting list currently stands at 0 if you want to take your chances. Any waiting list spaces not realised by Wednesday will get a full refund.

www.gwraudax.co.uk/ms300

« Reply #37 on: 15 November, 2021, 10:02:41 am »
Has there been any more emails since the 23rd Oct? No worries if not - just checking I haven't missed anything.

« Reply #38 on: 16 November, 2021, 12:13:00 am »
Just entered..hopefully there is still space for me :thumbsup:
DJR (Dave Russell) now retired. Carbon Beone parts bin special retired to turbo trainer, Brompton broken, as was I, Whyte Suffolk dismantled and sold. Now have Mason Definition and Orbea M20i.

« Reply #39 on: 16 November, 2021, 09:05:34 am »
Has there been any more emails since the 23rd Oct? No worries if not - just checking I haven't missed anything.

Should have received last night.

Just entered..hopefully there is still space for me :thumbsup:

I expect so, it's about 1 out 1 in at the mo.

« Reply #40 on: 16 November, 2021, 12:33:20 pm »
Since yesterday's email I've had enough cancellations to open the entry up again so no waiting list. Entry closes when these spaces fill or by the end of tomorrow. It may fill but then if someone cancels it may open again; this is pretty nifty and I didn't realise the plugin would do that  :thumbsup:

www.gwraudax.co.uk/ms300

« Reply #41 on: 16 November, 2021, 01:58:28 pm »
Thank you Will! Got the email.

« Reply #42 on: 16 November, 2021, 11:31:10 pm »
I’ve plotted the route…just need to know where info’s and controls are. Is a further email being sent out with the info to late entries?
DJR (Dave Russell) now retired. Carbon Beone parts bin special retired to turbo trainer, Brompton broken, as was I, Whyte Suffolk dismantled and sold. Now have Mason Definition and Orbea M20i.

« Reply #43 on: 17 November, 2021, 09:04:14 am »
The route is all plotted and provided less Local Authority confirmation one roadwork will be done. You should have received an email immediately after booking with a link to the current information all riders have received so far. You will be included in the next ones; final route confirmation and all associated static files, then group allocation on Thursday.

« Reply #44 on: 17 November, 2021, 09:55:22 pm »
The route is all plotted and provided less Local Authority confirmation one roadwork will be done. You should have received an email immediately after booking with a link to the current information all riders have received so far. You will be included in the next ones; final route confirmation and all associated static files, then group allocation on Thursday.
Thanks Will.

Jeff E

• Formerly JRe
« Reply #45 on: 21 November, 2021, 06:08:40 pm »
Such a well organised Event.   With a great team supporting Will.  The first Control let us know the high standard of food that we could expect, by providing each one of us with 2 Flapjacks, which were the best I have ever tasted.     It wasn’t totally dry, but I missed the worst whilst tucking into the feast at halfway.      Being placed in the last group to start, I hadn’t  arrived until 10pm, after many miles of M4 roadworks, and so, found it difficult to find a parking space.    I’ll get there by train next time.   I’m not going to miss out on those Flapjacks…….

« Reply #46 on: 22 November, 2021, 12:36:58 pm »
Such a well organised Event.   With a great team supporting Will.  The first Control let us know the high standard of food that we could expect, by providing each one of us with 2 Flapjacks, which were the best I have ever tasted.     It wasn’t totally dry, but I missed the worst whilst tucking into the feast at halfway.      Being placed in the last group to start, I hadn’t  arrived until 10pm, after many miles of M4 roadworks, and so, found it difficult to find a parking space.    I’ll get there by train next time.   I’m not going to miss out on those Flapjacks…….

Thanks Jeff

Flapjack recipe:

1 caster sugar : 1 soft brown sugar : 2 tesco buttery spread : 4 oats (weight 1:1:2:4)
+ a glug of golden syrup for gooeyness (the less you use the more brittle and crumbly they become).

Oven to 160oC
Melt buttery spread and add sugar to melt. Off heat, add golden syrup. Mix in oats. Put in tray; half fill then add any raisins etc then fill.
30mins in oven.
Use back of soup spoon to flatten and smooth. Cut. Leave to cool.

Really simple and quick to make.

Jeff E

• Formerly JRe
« Reply #47 on: 22 November, 2021, 06:23:27 pm »
Excellent 😊.   Many thanks Will 👍

« Reply #48 on: 27 August, 2022, 03:37:57 pm »
Entries are open and filling up quickly for this years Moonrakers & Sunseekers on Friday 11th November @ 22:00.

Entry: www.pedalution.co.uk/gwraudax/ms300

All the usual stuff; ride through the night just after the full moon with fantastic company, helpers and controls!

0. Felix Road Adventure Playground for coffee and tea before depart.
1. Moonrakers Bar & Grill in Devizes with free flapjacks etc plus coffee & tea, or beer, available from the bar.
2. Salisbury fee flapjack, cakes, coffee & tea; location tbc.
3. Lilliput Sea Scouts for free breakfast before heading out past Sunseekers.
4. King's Stag Coffee House, may be an extra stop if you want or maybe replace Podimore Services as a control.
5. Podimore Services - free control if required.
6. Strawberry Line Cafe in Yatton - opening early - support this fantastic community venture enabling young persons with learning disabilities acquire skills in the catering industry.
7. Back to Felix Road for a warm welcome and the legendary tarka dal!

Come join the masses for a ride you won't forget!

Re: Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300 | 22:00 11th November 2022 | Bristol
« Reply #49 on: 27 August, 2022, 07:10:43 pm »
Hi Will.

I'm pretty sure I am signed up for this but I cant seem to get on the pedulation website to check.
I've tried on 2 different browsers and on my phone.

All I get is

Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Thanks
Owen
Old Enough to know better, young enough not to care.
Facebook, the toilet wall of the modern generation