Author Topic: "Cycling events can seriously damage your health"; thoughts please  (Read 9553 times)

Grandad

• Once upon a time
Re: "Cycling events can seriously damage your health"; thoughts please
« Reply #25 on: 22 July, 2011, 10:56:47 pm »
I've done the ride like this because this is the sort of ride I would like to do  People who organize "killer" rides probably enjoy that kind of shock treatment

As the original organiser of the Fairies Flat Five what does that say about me!  On the other hand the fastest of my several Battle and Backs was on the trike.

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #26 on: 23 July, 2011, 09:44:32 pm »
Of course you can take it too far the other way by claiming you are so hard that the Fluffy Kitten 600 with 12000m of climbing over off-road tracks was a lovely little jaunt in the country.
this is briliant!
but I won't be going near said ride when it does run.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

« Reply #27 on: 25 July, 2011, 07:23:49 am »
Of course you can take it too far the other way by claiming you are so hard that the Fluffy Kitten 600 with 12000m of climbing over off-road tracks was a lovely little jaunt in the country

....and perfectly ok on 76" fixed ....

« Reply #28 on: 25 July, 2011, 10:03:07 am »
Of course you can take it too far the other way by claiming you are so hard that the Fluffy Kitten 600 with 12000m of climbing over off-road tracks was a lovely little jaunt in the country.

And here is the Fluffy Kitten 600's symbolic image, with audax bike included:-

Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/