Author Topic: Wee beasties  (Read 1289 times)

Wee beasties
« on: 06 August, 2011, 01:24:13 pm »
Got stung in the eyelid on a ride today, it hurts, and lid is swollen!
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
Re: Wee beasties
« Reply #1 on: 06 August, 2011, 05:15:32 pm »
Ow! To the cold things (BEER and ICE CREAM) for relief. 

(I got the mouth a couple of weeks ago)

Could be worse.  Could be a BEAR.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2011, 05:17:04 pm »
Aye, BEAR stings smart a bit.

« Reply #3 on: 06 August, 2011, 09:20:40 pm »
This bloody thing is still hurting. Have had anti histamines, ten packets of tissues and various aspirin concoctions. We were taking a family group ride on local limited miles run. Doesn't help if you can't see. Note most anti bite pain relief treatments consist of ammonia to counteract acidic insect bite so you dont want to be dabbing these things into your eyes. WAPITA. Pure serendipity but daughter No 1 visited today and announced that she had been bitten by a SNAKE in one of the londinium town parks and showed the marks to prove it...... local A and E yawned and did not provide anti venom so this must be a fairly common occurrence.... strewth!.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: 06 August, 2011, 11:13:22 pm »
She is not alone. A friend 6 doors down from me got bitten by an adder in his back garden. A&E sent him home with instructions to take some paracetemol for the pain. Reaction to the anti venom can be as bad or sometimes worse than the reaction to the venom, apparently. GWS to you both!

« Reply #5 on: 08 August, 2011, 06:57:22 pm »
... daughter No 1 visited today and announced that she had been bitten by a SNAKE in one of the londinium town parks and showed the marks to prove it...... local A and E yawned and did not provide anti venom so this must be a fairly common occurrence.... strewth!.
It's nice to know there are still plenty of adders in The Great Wen. I'd hate it if all the poisonous critters were in Westminster, Wapping & the City.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6 on: 09 August, 2011, 09:52:29 am »
I'd be hugely surprised to find an adder in a That London Park.  They tend to hang out in sandy heathland, at least in this country.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime