Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 68399 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #375 on: 21 June, 2016, 02:32:53 am »
WTF was Sansa thinking >:(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #376 on: 21 June, 2016, 07:57:02 am »
(click to show/hide)

fuzzy

« Reply #377 on: 21 June, 2016, 08:25:31 am »
You wicked girl Sana :thumbsup:

fuzzy

« Reply #378 on: 21 June, 2016, 08:27:57 am »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I know it's a bit moot now but, who was the last person that Caitlin Stark sat down with at The Red Wedding? Who did she discover was wearing mail under his glad rags and knew what was about to happen once she made the discovery?

« Reply #379 on: 21 June, 2016, 10:12:41 am »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I know it's a bit moot now but, who was the last person that Caitlin Stark sat down with at The Red Wedding? Who did she discover was wearing mail under his glad rags and knew what was about to happen once she made the discovery?

That was Roose Bolton.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

fuzzy

« Reply #380 on: 21 June, 2016, 12:33:07 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

That was Roose Bolton.

'Sactly. She could have gone hunting for Roose and his offspring.

« Reply #381 on: 21 June, 2016, 01:11:48 pm »
From a practical point of view, it's easier for a guerilla band to go after the low-hanging fruit, and that's the Freys. Plus, there's the question of whether news of Sansa's marriage with Ramsay would even reach the BWB in the first place. Even if it had, the BWB would still have to get to Winterfell and then isolate and capture/kill Roose and Ramsay.

<Sansa> Anyway it's moot. You said so yourself.  ;) </Sansa>

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #382 on: 21 June, 2016, 02:16:13 pm »
I'm almost certain that the same horse was ridden at the Bolton cavalry charge, and Baelish's cavalry charge.

Mind, horses - well known for being politically fickle.
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #383 on: 21 June, 2016, 02:41:22 pm »
(click to show/hide)

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #384 on: 21 June, 2016, 03:07:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #385 on: 21 June, 2016, 03:44:03 pm »
From recollection, ep9 of each season is the "big" one, and the ep10 finale is usually more of a reveal/cliffhanger for next year.

caerau

« Reply #386 on: 21 June, 2016, 04:01:47 pm »
Yeah, I think that is the pattern right enough  - it would be hard to top that methinks.

fuzzy

« Reply #387 on: 21 June, 2016, 04:22:38 pm »
I think the Mother of Dragons/ Tyrion/ The Masters negotiation scene was very good as well. Simple but effective.

caerau

« Reply #388 on: 21 June, 2016, 04:52:05 pm »

Sooooo .... When he (GRRM) finally buckles down and releases Winds of Winter (i.e. the book) - list of things to now remember... since the series has now jumped ahead of the books in every aspect I think.

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #389 on: 21 June, 2016, 05:53:21 pm »

Sooooo .... When he (GRRM) finally buckles down and releases Winds of Winter (i.e. the book) - list of things to now remember... since the series has now jumped ahead of the books in every aspect I think.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

caerau

« Reply #390 on: 21 June, 2016, 06:24:34 pm »
It's so long since I last read the books I've forgotten a lot of that and some of that is lost on me a little these days - you also remind me just how much more complex the books are.

BWB?

« Reply #391 on: 21 June, 2016, 06:42:14 pm »
It's so long since I last read the books I've forgotten a lot of that and some of that is lost on me a little these days - you also remind me just how much more complex the books are.

BWB?

BWB = Brotherhood Without Banners

Edited to add:

Regarding the complexity, that stems in no small part from GRRM's rather.... organic writing process, which he's described as being like gardening - he has an idea of what the endgame is, it's how to get there that's the tricky bit (hence scrapping the planned five-year gap in the story, or unravelling the Mereenese Knot, which led to ADWD taking so long to be written).

ISTR that GRRM said that the next book will see a paring down of the number of POVs as the coming war with the Others comes to the fore, either by killing off characters, or by having characters meet up so only one POV can be used to describe several characters' stories.

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #392 on: 21 June, 2016, 11:23:19 pm »
It must be right PITA being a recruitment consultant in Westeros - no sooner than you've got a position filled, it's open again!

http://westerosrecruitment.com/job_post/spoiler-lord-paramount-north/

caerau

« Reply #393 on: 22 June, 2016, 10:12:40 am »
I really have lost quite a lot of memory of the books - I can't even remember Jon Connington at all apart from the fact that I've heard of the name.  He really does need to GERRON WITH IT >:(   ;)

(Yes, GRRM does not work for me - I know that  ;) )

caerau

« Reply #394 on: 22 June, 2016, 10:18:39 am »
Ah.... the Golden Company - yes I've got him.  :thumbsup:

Yes I've seen that he's said that.  He's kind of done that in the TV series too - very much cut short over the myriad of plot lines in the book - although that's of course de rigeur when going from book to film/miniseries anyway.

ICNBA to read the advanced chapters anymore - there's too much gap between them and the actual book too and also, when you do get the book you've already read half of it which is annoying.  Robert Jordan did that with his long running epic TWOT too - bluddy irritating - just write the fucking book already.

« Reply #395 on: 22 June, 2016, 11:05:16 am »
GRRM was writing the screenplay for one episode per season for the first four seasons, but he's had no direct involvement since, in an attempt to cut down on the displacement activity that was slowing down writing TWOW. I think his only input from then on was to cue Benioff and Weiss into the basic outline of the endgame.

caerau

« Reply #396 on: 22 June, 2016, 12:40:11 pm »
Glad to hear it - I've now been 'reading' it for 20 years (I just worked that out - frightening  - I had a first edition of the 1st book - mmm eBay was lucrative  8)  ) - it would be good if it got finished before either the author dies (that happened with Jordan) or I do.  :-)

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #397 on: 27 June, 2016, 03:21:49 am »
Speechless. Season 7 is shaping up to be a good one.

(click to show/hide)

Assasin

• It can only get better
« Reply #398 on: 27 June, 2016, 02:56:39 pm »
i wonder what Ep 10 will have?
A bit of wildfire for the high sparrow i hope........

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #399 on: 27 June, 2016, 04:14:04 pm »
i wonder what Ep 10 will have?
A bit of wildfire for the high sparrow i hope........

To rework the old joke...

How do you make a sparrow go woof?

Also: anyone for a Frey Bentos?  ;D
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."