Author Topic: Olympus OMD E-M10 USB cable?  (Read 3693 times)

Olympus OMD E-M10 USB cable?
« on: 08 May, 2020, 01:28:37 pm »
What type of USB cable is needed for the (mark 1) E-M10? I seem to have got rid of the cable that came with it, mistakenly thinking it was just a normal USB cable.

Re: Olympus OMD E-M10 USB cable?
« Reply #1 on: 29 May, 2020, 09:19:49 pm »
What type of USB cable is needed for the (mark 1) E-M10? I seem to have got rid of the cable that came with it, mistakenly thinking it was just a normal USB cable.

God knows. I'm on the same quest. I know I have one somewhere.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Chris N

« Reply #4 on: 29 May, 2020, 10:47:38 pm »
I emailed Olympus about it, as I could see from reviews that many cables from Amazon do not work.

I am happy to confirm the compatible USB cable for the original E-M10 and E-M10 Mark II cameras is CB-USB6 and you are able to order it from our E-Shop, please see the link below.

https://shop.olympus.eu/en_GB/cameras/accessories/other-accessories/cb-usb6-usb-cable

Given the price, I am yet to order one. Surely I cannot have thrown it out? I’ll have another look tomorrow.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #5 on: 29 May, 2020, 10:52:19 pm »
Now you have the number surely you can find a cheap generic copy?
It's not like these nonstandard USB plugs aren't shared by various companies.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: 29 May, 2020, 11:19:41 pm »
I have indeed had a look, but as I say the cheapo generics often do not work even if they have the correct code. Either not all CB-USB6s are the same, or some of them are duff. Suspect there is a terminal in the plug that is not always connected.

Bristol Cameras have one - see confirmation of compatibility in the Q&A but even that is 17 nicker so I’ll have another look.

https://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/p-olympus-cb-usb6-usb-cable.htm

« Reply #7 on: 31 May, 2020, 12:38:20 pm »
Found the bloody cable !

That only took an hour of turning the house upside down.