Author Topic: Graze boxes  (Read 2026 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Graze boxes
« on: 20 February, 2009, 03:15:46 pm »
Someone on another forum was recommending Graze boxes and had an offer code of £1 for the first box, so I took advantage of the offer. And in my graze box which came today are vouchers with an offer code for other people to receive their first box for £1. So if you want to try the scheme, you can use offer code P5X8XDBB.

I had my first box today - grapefruit segments, olives with basil and garlic, and mixed nuts and seeds. Olives are 50p extra.

I thought it was worth £1.50 but I wouldn't pay full price which would have been £3.50 so I won't be getting any more. But you might want to take them up on their £1 offer. If you use the offer, I get either £1 off further boxes or a £1 donation to the rainforest alliance.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

simonp

Re: Graze boxes
« Reply #1 on: 20 February, 2009, 08:38:44 pm »
That seems like a ridiculously inefficient way to get a few pieces of fruit and some nuts.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #2 on: 20 February, 2009, 09:59:48 pm »
Hmmm.. You pay someone £1 so they can have your postal address, email address (I imagine?).. and they then sell it for £3 each to whomever wants to buy...

or is there some agreement not to sell your name ?

No, you pay them to send you overpriced and overpackaged food. And they have a privacy clause, like most etailers.

Chris N

« Reply #3 on: 20 February, 2009, 10:01:33 pm »
Even at £1.50 a box it seems like a rip off.  We get 25 (or thereabouts) portions of organic fruit from River Nene for less than a tenner a week, and I thought that was expensive.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #4 on: 21 February, 2009, 10:47:08 am »
The £1.50 includes delivery. If you want variety and convenience and healthy snacks, and don't mind being ripped off to get it, they're not a bad idea, but I won't be using them again. But some people really like them, so I'm making my discount code available to you all in case you want to try them.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5 on: 28 February, 2009, 04:39:03 pm »
They say "a healthy grazing lifestyle". While the food itself looks healthy, I don't think that "grazing" at your desk rather than having a proper lunch break can possibly be healthy, especially not mentally.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6 on: 13 April, 2024, 01:32:39 pm »
The latest monthly subscription type Graze box is not going to be repeated. £14.99 per month seems a lot to pay and you can’t seem to tailor your box as much as before.
I have not opened my box yet so can’t speak for the contents. However:

Their emails stated they’d inform me when they were to send. They did not.

The box, longer and deeper than a box of ‘Man Size’ tissues was delivered by Yodel on Thursday. Yodel had sent emails stating I had a parcel, but offering no alternative delivery options. I didn’t know this was my graze box and the graze website gave no indication it was en route, stating ‘unfulfilled’ for my latest order. Partner thought Yodel email was spam.

I don’t think the driver rang the doorbell. We were indoors and still in bed at the time. Parcel was left ‘in back porch’. No it wasn’t! Gates to back are locked closed. Parcel was found by the bins, by my cleaner yesterday, having been outside for over 24 hours. Partner didn’t see it when he left for the weekend, on Thursday.

I don’t want deliveries I can’t control or redirect. D is very grumpy when disturbed and I can’t get to the front door.

Bye-bye graze...

« Reply #7 on: 13 April, 2024, 04:52:29 pm »
We bulk buy seeds, nuts and dried fruit by the kilo. Orders often hit £100-180.

Works, since we have storage space.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #8 on: 13 April, 2024, 05:14:07 pm »
I liked having a LITTLE surprise present in the post occasionally.
A shoe box, containing little sachets, left by the bins, every month will not do!