Author Topic: Lezyne Super GPS (Y10) - No Routing Prompts  (Read 2504 times)

Lezyne Super GPS (Y10) - No Routing Prompts
« on: 30 December, 2019, 03:40:40 pm »
Anyone round here got one of these?
Santa brought me a this GPS to encourage me out on my bike(s) a bit more in 2020.
The main reasons for Santa ordering it from Mrs Wiggle's emporium a couple of months ago were (a) it's ability to show routing prompts, and (b) a very attractive reduction on the full price as it's an older model.

I can't get the bastard device to show routing prompts no matter what I do.  ::-)

While Lezyne Customer Support are recovering from their hangovers (they are 'out of office' until 2nd Jan) - I thought I'd ask the YACF massive if you have any advice.
Here's my support ticket text:

"I have a new Y10 Lezyme Super GPS.
I have updated the firmware to 10.04.07.46  (This is the latest version)
The android app version is 4.292 running on an Android 7.1.1 Moto E4 plus. Also the latest version of the app

I have created and uploaded routes onto the GPS Root page, in both GPX & TCX formats. WHen I try to navigate these routes on the device the breadcrumb map comes up, but I get no pop-up notifications. Pop-up notifications ARE enabled in the device menu.
I get the same behaviour - no pop-up prompts, but visible breadcrumb - when using the 'Navigate to place' function in the app.
I get the same behaviour - no pop-up prompts, but visible breadcrumb - with short & long created routes, with or without embedded turn prompts, both with GPX & TCX files.

I have reinstalled the app on the phone a couple of times; I have cleared the app data, and the app cache a few times.
I have 'soft rebooted' the device (hold menu&enter 25 seconds) multiple times.

I should be grateful for any advice to get this function working."

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Re: Lezyne Super GPS (Y10) - No Routing Prompts
« Reply #1 on: 30 December, 2019, 03:53:38 pm »
what did you use to generate the TCX/GPS files? IIRC some sites (like Strava) don't include the extra bit of info which means the device can display the routing cues.

« Reply #2 on: 30 December, 2019, 04:14:19 pm »
Thanks - good thought:
I've tried RideWithGPS with both the cues turned on, both at 5m 30m & 100m, and turned off (the latter only in TCX), and I've used Lezyne's own GPS Root planner.
I strongly suspect that the routes are fine, and it's a device specific thang.
I'm fed up of cycling to the end of my road and turning round again!

« Reply #3 on: 30 December, 2019, 10:17:34 pm »
Do you need to download maps onto it?

« Reply #4 on: 31 December, 2019, 09:35:08 am »
Do you need to download maps onto it?
No - the mapping is retained on the tethered smartphone

« Reply #5 on: 04 January, 2020, 06:30:57 pm »
I have one of these (again because it was cheaper than the competition - I paid £115 around 2 years ago). I don't know if it helps with your issue, but it only does turn-by-turn routing if you have your phone connected to it at the time. I don't often use it to navigate from (not been doing longer rides I don't know where I'm going), and I haven't updated the firmware recently, so I can't confirm that mine still does it.
Do you get notifications of text messages and emails on it when you are riding?

« Reply #6 on: 05 January, 2020, 10:35:52 am »
Thanks for that thought Duncan.
Being Billy-no-mates and only having tired it on short runs, I don't know if the messages are flagging up - I shall ask Mrs M to text me when I'm next out.
The best Lezyne support could suggest was a factory reset, and I've now got the instructions to do that (which involve getting the Windows puter fired up, if I go down that route).

« Reply #7 on: 04 February, 2020, 07:34:40 pm »
Just putting this out here in case it's any help to anyone else in the future.
The only way I've been able to get the Lezyne to listen to my particular phone - and then not reliably - is to delete all other Bluetooth pairings, and leave them deleted.
There does seem to be some particular weirdness with my Moto E4plus - I don't know if it's all Moto E4's.
I have an old Chinese smartphone that works seamlessly with the Lezyne, so I'll use that for routing purposes when I need to.