Author Topic: Screen protections for eTrex?  (Read 1527 times)

Screen protections for eTrex?
« on: 29 January, 2020, 08:31:04 pm »
While ordering handlebar mounts for my new eTrex (on Amazon; I know, boring.........) I noticed that screen protectors were available. Is it worth having protection from scratches for the screen (it had never occurred to me) and if so could I cut one out of a screen protection film for a smartphone (since I have a packet of them)?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Screen protections for eTrex?
« Reply #1 on: 29 January, 2020, 08:42:27 pm »
Yes and yes.

I managed to scratch the screen of my previous eTrex by putting it in the same jersey pocket as my keys.  There's basically no disadvantage to having a screen protector on a non-touchscreen device.

Martin

« Reply #2 on: 29 January, 2020, 09:31:18 pm »
had mine 6 years with no screen protector and it's still scratch free; but I only ever leave it on the handlebars or in a soft Poundland pouch

« Reply #3 on: 29 January, 2020, 10:05:49 pm »
I have an Edge Explore fitted with a tempered glass screen protector. I've found glass screen savers much more durable than plastic on my phones so I've bought one for the GPS.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #4 on: 29 January, 2020, 10:22:01 pm »
I think might as well use one. I have slightly scratched an older Garmin.
If you want to fit it neatly, it is a lot easier if it is the right size and shape. Could be tricky to cut a larger one to match. So I'd buy the proper size.

I usually get them from Protectionfilms24 on Ebay. The cheap film ones are fine. Just get a pack of 6 then replace them as needed.