Author Topic: Dunwich Dynamo, 16th July 2022  (Read 6417 times)

Re: Dunwich Dynamo, 16th July 2022
« Reply #50 on: 18 July, 2022, 08:57:36 am »
They certainly had a good night for it, near perfect conditions this year.  It was good to see DD riders passing by mine as darkness fell.  There didn’t seem to be as many as usual or was that just that after completing Hereward The Wake earlier in the day I was out for the count before the bulge reached The Rodings?

I had to question the thought processes (or lack of) of whoever was leaving route marking candles lit on grass verges in the current extremely dry spell. I know it’s traditional but…

I had not noticed the candles on previous DDs. Maybe the lower numbers this year allowed me to see them. I thought they were a nice touch. The ones I saw were battery powered tea lights. I think whoever put them out had the same concerns in mind.

« Reply #51 on: 19 July, 2022, 07:50:45 pm »
This was my first DD and it was a great experience riding through the night with thousands of other riders.  It was good to meet "Spacebadger" at the start but sadly we soon lost each other in the crowds.  I started at 8pm and finished at 5.30am and was lucky to be able to check into my room at the nearby Ship Inn at 8am.  I then slept most of Sunday before taking the next two days to ride back home again to the West Midlands.

Already looking forward to next year.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #52 on: 20 July, 2022, 04:30:13 pm »
That's excellent style, Jethro!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.