Linked Events

• Not-The-Jubilee camping weekend?: 02 June, 2022 - 05 June, 2022

Author Topic: Anyone interested in a Rutland Not-The-Jubilee camping weekend? 2-5 June 2022  (Read 10839 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I've booked for the Friday and Saturday nights.  Don't want to leave barakta alone for the whole long weekend.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
It seems there's free Podpoint EV charging at Tesco and at the Church Street car park, with free parking after 6pm. This is probably close enough that I can get all the way there without charging up.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I've used the Church Street car park one.  It was a while ago, of course.

I'll book first thing tomorrow   :)
the slower you go the more you see

I tried to book and phoned wing hall. They said no group's without prior arrangement and refused my attempt to book  ???.
I will not be using wing hall again and will not recommend them 😒

Ps don't let them know that you are together or they may stop your weekend 😪

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
Booked Thurs and Fri night.

Enjoy the delights of Rutland one and all.
I shall be canoeing the River Wye with a quantity of grandchildren  ;D

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
I tried to book and phoned wing hall. They said no group's without prior arrangement and refused my attempt to book  ???.

This is all very sad, Chris. I booked using the website booking facility and stated in the notes that I was part of the YACF contingent. They've taken my £33.

That's disappointing Chris.

From what I am reading it looks like you'd succeed if you had the ability to book online.  A bit disjointed though but reflects our current "arse and elbow" society.

We have considered it but lack of car and touring cycle capabilities coupled with the vague unreliability of railway schedules present their own barriers, unfortunately.

I tried to book and phoned wing hall. They said no group's without prior arrangement and refused my attempt to book  ??? .

This is all very sad, Chris. I booked using the website booking facility and stated in the notes that I was part of the YACF contingent. They've taken my £33.
Same here.

As Butterfly said.
I phoned Wing Hall and she said there is space, so if you book online and put yacf she'll know it's us.

And we have stayed there several times before as a group, including yourself.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Polar Bear intervention in progress:

I have spoken with the owner.  As a general rule they no longer accept groups because of past troubles, but, she is going to see if she can stretch a point for a dozen previous good customers and get back to me.

If she agrees I will need a list of names to pass on to her.

Oh, and I did speak with Butterfly before my intervention. 

Fingers crossed folks ...

I also spoke with Cycleman.  He really wants to see some of us again.  Mad fool !!!  😉🤣🤣🤣

Nobody got back to me yesterday so I will add in a mid-morning follow up call.  Would be nice to sort this out.

Nobody got back to me yesterday so I will add in a mid-morning follow up call.  Would be nice to sort this out.

Thank you PB
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

OK, we're in.

I have promised Maryon on pain of your slow, painful but quiet deaths  ;) that we will be an orderly and quiet group as per previous visits.

Please PM me with your name as you have used it to book (or are going to book), number in party and which nights that you are staying.  I will email this to Maryon.

I need this asap, i.e. in the next 24 hours please. 

Thanks,

PB

A little reminder that if you have already booked or are planning to come please let me know asap.  I need to email Maryon today if at all possible.

Thanks.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
I thought I had already replied in the affirmative but I may be confused.

I sent my booking enquiry on Saturday and this morning and Have not received any reply  ???.
I think that they are ignoring me  :(.

I intend to come anyway and wild camp if necessary. I am not impressed with wing hall though 😕

I booked online and received an instant email confirmation Chris.  Perhaps check your spam folder?

I have the following as the group so far:

Polar Bear plus one adult:  Arrive Thursday 2nd for 3 nights
Canardly:  Arrive Thursday 2nd for 3 nights
Wowbagger:  Arrive Thursday 2nd for 3 nights
Kim:  Arrive Friday 3rd for 2 nights
Cycleman:  Arrive Thursday 2nd for 2 nights.
Butterfly plus one adult and one child:  Arrive Thursday 2nd for 4 nights
Pedal Castro:  Arrive Thursday 2nd for 2 nights

Hope that I got that right.

I have emailed Maryon with the details.  If I have made any mistakes don't worry as I caveated my email giving your real names as your booking names for cross referencing.

Is Wobbly not coming then?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

I don't know.

Paging Mr. Wobbly ...

I have a couple of other commitments - nothing I couldn't reorganise, and camping would probably do me the world of good - still suffering a bit with post-lockdown anxiety/mood-swings and continue not to venture too far.  :-[
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

We'll, you'd certainly be welcome as would anybody should they choose to pop along.  Would be good to see you again WJ but do what is best for you.