Author Topic: Mounting a seat pack further back  (Read 750 times)

Mounting a seat pack further back
« on: 21 June, 2022, 09:37:23 am »
I have a Restrap saddle pack that I fairly recently got, and quite like. I went to get a bike fit as I had a few niggles, which has resulted in my saddle being set much further back than before. This means that when I pedal the backs of my thighs hit against the front edge of the saddle pack.

I'm wondering if there is anything out there that would let me mount the pack slightly further back? I'm imagining almost like a fake seat tube about an inch (or less even) behind the real seat tube that the bag could fix onto.

I have an idea of how I could perhaps bodge something, but thought I'd see if anyone had come across the issue and any solutions first?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Mounting a seat pack further back
« Reply #1 on: 21 June, 2022, 09:47:59 am »
There are a bunch of bodges to space a Carradice saddlebag back to get hamstring clearance. I used a wooden block and toestrap but there are somewhat neater options to point you in the right direction e.g. the link below
http://home.dekoninck.co.uk/stuff/bodge.jpg
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #2 on: 21 June, 2022, 11:14:16 am »

did it come with spacers like ^^? the strap is long enough for at least one more spacer that can be cut from an “exercise mat” or similar foam.

« Reply #3 on: 21 June, 2022, 11:24:38 am »
Ah., that's a great idea. It did come with one spacer, yes, I don't know why I didn't think about adding more.

The strap is quite different to the race one (it has a short one with the foam pad, then a much larger one that goes over it), so not sure how much I can get but will have a go later.