Author Topic: How can I change/add countries to the addresses menu of the e-Trex 20  (Read 1998 times)

When I want to enter an address in the e-Trex 20 (X?) the first screen asks me to select a country and then straight away gives me a selection to choose from. This choice is Belgium, Germany, Poland and the Netherlands. It won't let me enter another country. Given that the two countries that interest me are France and UK and that this selection is not where I want to go this is sub-optimal.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for adding (or changing) the countries in this section, please?

Which maps do you have installed on the Etrex? Do you have any maps covering France/UK?
And some maps don't include proper address data, so searching doesn't work.

Somewhere in the Etrex settings menu will be a list of maps installed. I don’t have that model but on my Edge it’s under settings > activity profile > navigation > map > map information.
I have an older model which wasn’t supplied with Garmin’s European openstreetmaps so I download individual countries from www.openfietsmap.nl
I can search for addresses in any of the installed maps.
Hope this helps.
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Just checked my Etrex 30. It has a France OSM map installed and I can search for French addresses on it.

I have french maps installed (western Europe off the Garmin site). France is where I use it! No problem with getting a map up but I still can't enter an address! There must be a config option somewhere but being a bit of a numpty at this sort of thing I am stuck on finding it and hoped someone had been there before me.
I have never been anywhere like Belgium with it, let alone Poland!

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
are you sure you've unlocked all the regions? I think you now have to do this on Basecamp with the 20 character unlock code (wherever that is, I've failed to unlock one on a DVD as it only has a 12 digit product key which is no good)