Author Topic: Added Goodness - what's your poison?  (Read 1633 times)

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
Re: Added Goodness - what's your poison?
« Reply #25 on: 27 February, 2024, 04:45:43 pm »
Colecaciferol (vitamin D) supplements as my levels drop otherwise.

I'm taking a general vitamin supplement while recovering from recent surgery as well as trying to eat as well as I can when someone else has to do ALL the food prep.

I think I tried glucosamine and chondroitin with no apparent improvement in my joint issues in the 2000s when my mum got into it, she had arthritic issues related to cancer and post-cancer treatment. I don't think she bothers now, but they switched her off the horrid post-cancer drug (which gave her horrid joint issues) back to tamoxifen cos she got on with it OK. 

My joint issues are joint dysplasia from my syndrome so my wrists, elbows, shoulders and hips aren't quite formed correctly which results in undue wear and tear + other issues.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #26 on: 27 February, 2024, 05:07:19 pm »
Frozen ginger and frozen garlic are VERY cheap round here.
We use the garlic for cooking but my friend hates it.
Saves much work & waste.
Also keeps paws free of aroma!

sam

« Reply #27 on: 27 February, 2024, 05:08:43 pm »
I mentioned this thread to my wife, which was a mistake, as she took issue with my post. Her correction/additions in red:

D, due to prompting by my wife, who also takes it. K2 to help the D stick. Used to take B12 in my vegan daze.

D3 aids absorption of calcium from food and Vit K2-MK7 directs the calcium to bones and teeth where it is needed and away from arteries and soft tissues where it can be deposited and cause problems such as hardening of the arteries, kidney stones, etc. 90-100mcg K2-MK7 is enough for up to 10,000iu D3.

aim to get vit d levels into the optimum range

https://healthunlocked.com/thyroiduk/posts/149273826/1000-unit-vit-d-or-4000-unit-vit-d....

https://cks.nice.org.uk/topics/vitamin-d-deficiency-in-adults/prescribing-information/vitamin-d-supplements/

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #28 on: 27 February, 2024, 05:13:00 pm »
I'm taking iMove and have found that it's helping with my joints.  I also take Vitamin D as, although I get out in the sun a lot (when it's shining) I have to be careful due to medical history, so am smothered in Factor 50.

Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor