Author Topic: What wine do you intend to have with Christmas Dinner?  (Read 14740 times)

Re: What wine do you intend to have with Christmas Dinner?
« Reply #125 on: 01 January, 2022, 01:44:05 pm »
The rubber vacuvin stoppers are great for red wine. I find that some wines improve after a day of being stoppered with one.  Wine remains excellent for about 4 days.

I have the rubber stoppers. Still some doesn't last for the second day. Most goes to three OK. As you say some seem better after a day.

We have the rubber stoppers.

It's the pump thing we cannot find.

Can get cheapo copies on ebay

Mrs Pcolbeck gave me one of these eto decanters for Christmas.

The top is a plunger and you push it down to drive all the air out.No CO2 cartridges required. Seems to work really well in the limited testing I have done so far. Next week I might get a cheap bottle of plonk for a test run in keeping it for more than 48 hours.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Wowbagger

• Sylph
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #126 on: 01 January, 2022, 09:53:21 pm »
We got in a few bottles of Aldi plonk, all perfectly drinkable but nothing worth mentioning, but then the boy very kindly delved into his personal cellar to pull out a bottle of Tillingham Field Blend One, which went very nicely indeed with the turkey...

Tillingham Field Blend One by citoyen, on Flickr

That is interesting! Tillingham is a small village very close to the St. Peter's on the Wall saxon church near the Bradwell power station. There are quite a few vineyards in the area, but I didn't know they made wine in Tillingham itself. Veterans of the Warty series may well recall us visiting St. Peter's one year and lunching at the Fox & Hounds. I recall that the chicken curry they served me was the best pub curry I've ever had.

Assuming that they are still in operation, the village football team used to call itself Tillingham Hotspur.
I want to surf the zeitgeist to where it’s all happening

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #127 on: 01 January, 2022, 11:47:21 pm »
That is interesting! Tillingham is a small village very close to the St. Peter's on the Wall saxon church near the Bradwell power station. There are quite a few vineyards in the area, but I didn't know they made wine in Tillingham itself.

Different Tillingham, I'm afraid!

"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."